AUGUST Patch Warnings!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: AUGUST Patch Warnings!

Postby Scilly_guy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:36 pm

I used to think it was a bit like bug abuse to store things in sign posts but then I realised that the sign post actually represents a pile of materials, if the graphic was changed I don't see anything wrong with using it for storage. A windmill is a 6x6 square, until you build it, its mostly just a big pile of rocks, if you're paying rent for those 36 squares I don't see why your rocks should disappear. If you've got an issue with it then change the graphic or give us a pile of stones building, can you not handle a little abstraction?

Edit:I realise you plan to implement storage solutions, but why make this change before then?
Scilly_guy

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Scilly_guy wrote: but why make this change before then?

To test how the game works and how livable the situation is without the mass storage first. This way we can better judge how large to make it and at what point a newer character begins filling up traditional storage methods.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby troubleis » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:14 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
To test how the game works

How dare you sir! What do you think we are? Beta testers?!?
JohnCarver wrote:
as captain of this ship, I plan on riding it to our destination as a submarine if I have to.
troubleis

Postby Scilly_guy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:21 pm

OK, yeah that is fair.
Scilly_guy

Previous

Return to Announcements