Nice Thing: Nevermind, lets not talk about it.

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Nice Thing: Nevermind, lets not talk about it.

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:07 am

*Additional Change:
You may only keep a body KO while in combat with it for 3 hours.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Nice Thing: Nevermind lets not talk about it.

Postby alagar » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:15 am

Ok, lets not talk about it.
REMOVE STALLS!
alagar

Re: Nice Thing: Nevermind lets not talk about it.

Postby ElManisero » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:10 am

alagar wrote:Ok, lets not talk about it.

/thread
A man has vanished! Follow The Greenthumb Tales for mystery and merchandise!
ElManisero

Re: Nice Thing: Nevermind, lets not talk about it.

Postby Hose » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:42 am

create barrels pls, so people can sell regen food ¦] ¦]
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby troubleis » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:44 am

Hose wrote:create barrels pls, so people can sell regen food ¦] ¦]

+1
JohnCarver wrote:
as captain of this ship, I plan on riding it to our destination as a submarine if I have to.
troubleis

Postby alagar » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:56 am

LOL people are already exploiting a "bug", an random alt enter the battlefields and if u got k.o, he won't let you port home.
REMOVE STALLS!
alagar

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:04 am

alagar wrote:LOL people are already exploiting a "bug", an random alt enter the battlefields and if u got k.o, he won't let you port home.

Hence the three hour rule
RonPaulFTW

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:57 am

Should be more like 15 minutes, tops. If you're going to murder the guy, get it over with or let the guy go. Didn't bring your murder alt along? Well, too bad.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:01 am

MagicManICT wrote:Should be more like 15 minutes, tops. If you're going to murder the guy, get it over with or let the guy go. Didn't bring your murder alt along? Well, too bad.

We determined that there are strategic reasons as to why you would want a fair bit of time to keep a guy pinned down. In the end we did not feel that keeping a guy pinned down forever was acceptable though.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Darwoth » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:36 am

if you dropped battery scents it would be fine, since you do not you have removed all risk from combat and learning combat and made it so that nobody will ever fight outside of the safety of town for fun or for grudge matches, why would ammaboss challenge biddas to a fight outside town where both sides tried to ambush the other resulting in a group vs group engagement like last week? it wont, this short sighted and half assed carebear implementation made it so things like that will never happen again.

instead those fights will now universally take place in a "battleground" where they are 100% completely and totally meaningless.

additionally you have removed tactics long employed to gather scents from hostile villages with spies/moles and you have erased classic siege tactics used to prevent running with the 3 hour rule.

you just completely ***** up a large dynamic of the game because you can not listen to those around you telling you your judgement is ****.
Darwoth

Next

Return to Announcements