Nice Thing: Nevermind, lets not talk about it.

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Nice Thing: Nevermind, lets not talk about it.

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:29 am

TruthTeller wrote:
MagicManICT wrote: but the smart people adapt.

Nice self-flattery. Would like to see your IQ score though :).

Geniuses aren't supposed to brag about their IQs. It makes the other 98% of the population jealous. :P

To note, nearly all the players here are intelligent. You can't make it in a game like this and not be. There are some not so wise in the ways of the world, but I think I can safely say that they are all intelligent.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Michael » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:09 am

MagicManICT wrote:Geniuses aren't supposed to brag about their IQs. It makes the other 98% of the population jealous. :P

To note, nearly all the players here are intelligent. You can't make it in a game like this and not be. There are some not so wise in the ways of the world, but I think I can safely say that they are all intelligent.

The mark of intelligence to you is playing Salem? Anyone can sit on their ass for 5 minutes while their character takes that time to chop down a tree. Are we so smart because we have the intelligence to read a wiki page on agriculture and different inspirationals then maybe? Can only an intelligent person cross a relatively empty bland map that requires you to be in front of a computer screen for over 10 hours to get from one side to the other?
I'd say the opposite, we are all terribly stupid for making Salem the thing we spend hours on for entertainment.
We have one life, and we're perfectly content to spend 100's of hours of it we can never get back navigating right click menus and manually gathering resources for recipes.

10/10 BEST WAY TO WASTE ONE'S LIFE EVAR
Michael

Postby colesie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:35 am

Darwoth wrote:additionally you have removed tactics long employed to gather scents from hostile villages with spies/moles and you have erased classic siege tactics used to prevent running with the 3 hour rule.

Oh noes
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Kreek » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:32 pm

Michael wrote:we're perfectly content to spend 100's of hours of it we can never get back navigating right click menus and manually gathering resources for recipes.

+1
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.
Kreek

Previous

Return to Announcements