Free-Ish Speech

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Free-Ish Speech

Postby Spazzmaticus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:32 pm

It's funny. I always expected the Forum Game to come to some spectacular and entertaining end. All that happens is that new rules get implemented and filters put in place, all in the name of the PG-13 audience and the mainstream gaming community. Dissenting voices are muted and unsavoury thoughts extinguished. We've seen it all before. All good things must fade away.

I always knew it wouldn't last. The drama, the harsh language, the outrageous macros. I guess I'm just a bit sad to see it end like this. The great Salem Forum Game quietly peeters out and dies. I, for one, will make sure to mind what I say on the forums and in-game. I never worried about it before but people didn't get banhammered for getting spammed in Boston either.

Welp, back to the grind! See you in Disneyland, pilgrim! ;)
Spazzmaticus

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:34 pm

Spazzmaticus wrote:The drama,

Well here is to hoping drama finds a place to exist under the new rules. I remain optimistic it will.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Dammit » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:38 pm

JohnCarver wrote:

Well here is to hoping drama finds a place to exist under the new rules. I remain optimistic it will.

It will, if you need to drop F bombs and use pictures with middle fingers and text that say vulgar language then you are not a troll but a 16 year old who has a very limited vocabulary.

You say no foul language, I say Innuendo.
Dammit

Postby TruthTeller » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:59 pm

Dammit wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:

It will, if you need to drop F bombs and use pictures with middle fingers and text that say vulgar language then you are not a troll but a 16 year old who has a very limited vocabulary.

You say no foul language, I say Innuendo.

There are so many ways to insult someone using "other" language. Like instead of stating that someone has ADHD, you state that he is "polyfocal". Instead of "retarded", you say "dense".

Of course, playing charades will earn you higher income because people work like they do :lol: .

Edit: TL.DR: playing charades is good for business.
TruthTeller

Postby Dammit » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:34 pm

TruthTeller wrote:
There are so many ways to insult someone using "other" language. Like instead of stating that someone has ADHD, you state that he is "polyfocal". Instead of "retarded", you say "dense".

Of course, playing charades will earn you higher income because people work like they do :lol: .

Edit: TL.DR: playing charades is good for business.

Is it red?
Dammit

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:28 pm

Dammit wrote:You say no foul language, I say Innuendo.

Hear, hear, the best trolls don't break the rules and rarely bother to swear; they just make others furious enough to. I'm confident that at least some of you can do this.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Feone » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:27 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
Dammit wrote:You say no foul language, I say Innuendo.

Hear, hear, the best trolls don't break the rules and rarely bother to swear; they just make others furious enough to. I'm confident that at least some of you can do this.

Your confidence in our ability to verbally harass eachother is truly heartwarming.
Feone

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:46 pm

Feone wrote:Your confidence in our ability to verbally harass eachother is truly heartwarming.

That ability is not at all in question. I hope to see you do it without breaking the rules. :D
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Dammit » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:08 am

Feone wrote:Your confidence in our ability to verbally harass eachother is truly heartwarming.

You have the right to remain silent, I fear you don't have the ability.

TotalyMeow wrote:That ability is not at all in question. I hope to see you do it without breaking the rules. :D

You too. :D
Dammit

Postby Lenin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:19 am

TotalyMeow wrote:That ability is not at all in question. I hope to see you do it without breaking the rules.

Will happily do as I wish in concordance thereof. Subtle racism, anti-antisemitism, any many other things are possible with a vocabulary surpassing the common piss-ants of the Western world. The only boring part is wasting more time making loop holes and forcing changes.
Do you know what stops the monsters at night from creeping in? Darkness from taking your soul over? Lack of morals from setting in six feet deep? Bourbon.
Lenin

Previous

Return to Announcements