Salem V1.2 Exploring the Bowels

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.2 Exploring the Bowels

Postby Reviresco » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:13 am

Oof. Level 7 with +15 Mining (my regular suit has one Geode in it), mining 1 rubble boulder costs 64.7 Phlegm.

Did another test with +108 Mining+Productivity (closest I could get to 115) and it costs 55.5 Phlegm to mine 1 rubble boulder.

I wanna go try to find sugar carts now.

I'm glad I rushed my mine when I was new.

Edit: 305 M&M

Edit 2: Level 1 (entrance level--some people call it 0), mining 1 rubble boulder with +15 mining costs 9.3 phlegm.
Last edited by Reviresco on Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reviresco

Postby xsarfax » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:20 am

JC is the biggest troll in the world ¦]
How... hard will be... make full set with 7 amethysts ¦]

Patch - look good, we will see after 2 days - i mean, after look all changes ;D
But sadly i dont see mine carts here
xsarfax

Postby Kozzy68 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:21 am

Reviresco wrote:Oof. Level 7 with +15 Mining (my regular suit has one Geode in it), mining 1 rubble boulder costs 64.7 Phlegm.

Did another test with +108 Mining+Productivity (closest I could get to 115) and it costs 55.5 Phlegm to mine 1 rubble boulder.

I wanna go try to find sugar carts now.

I'm glad I rushed my mine when I was new.

Edit: 305 M&M

Exacly this sux. They should have done this much less drastic change or implement another deeper mine levels that were not accesible before and implement new rules there making it sort of expansion.
Kozzy68

Postby DeepSixed » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:30 am

I wonder-

Was this patch to encourage folks to play... or just set your vets that much further apart from everyone else?

Every time you increase phlegm usage you raise the bar higher for those who are trying to grow; you aren't hurting the folks who are already on top... not really.

Just saying.

I wager you lose more than you keep.
DeepSixed

Postby Fimbulvinter » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:37 am

Is Illicit pharmacology good for anything yet?
Or is it just placeholder for skills to be added into later on in 1.2.1?
There is no such thing as too many gardening pots.
Fimbulvinter

Postby Reviresco » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:56 am

Fimbulvinter wrote:Is Illicit pharmacology good for anything yet?

According to system chat, nothing was gained when I learned it.
Reviresco

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:06 am

DeepSixed wrote:I wonder-

Was this patch to encourage folks to play... or just set your vets that much further apart from everyone else?

Every time you increase phlegm usage you raise the bar higher for those who are trying to grow; you aren't hurting the folks who are already on top... not really.

Just saying.

It takes about 10 phlegm to mine on the first level, which is where a brand new player with a new mine will be. You can get into the 20s to all just experimenting with small foraged foods while looking for a good place to settle. By the time you get down to the bottom of a mine, you'll have the phlegm unless you've been really really lax on your gluttony. In which case it's a good reason to get your act together.

One thing this should do is encourage new town members to build themselves up more quickly in order to be useful in an established mine, and thus useful in many other places too, like hunting.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Fimbulvinter » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:13 am

Reviresco wrote:
Fimbulvinter wrote:Is Illicit pharmacology good for anything yet?

According to system chat, nothing was gained when I learned it.

A pity. I was looking forward to flooding the market with Cocaine, Cannabis or Opium...

Purely as a study aide, of course.
There is no such thing as too many gardening pots.
Fimbulvinter

Postby Taipion » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:13 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
DeepSixed wrote:I wonder-

Just saying.

It takes about 10 phlegm to mine on the first level, which is where a brand new player with a new mine will be. You can get into the 20s to all just experimenting with small foraged foods while looking for a good place to settle. By the time you get down to the bottom of a mine, you'll have the phlegm unless you've been really really lax on your gluttony. In which case it's a good reason to get your act together.

One thing this should do is encourage new town members to build themselves up more quickly in order to be useful in an established mine, and thus useful in many other places too, like hunting.

So, the Q&Q debuff did not work out as it should?! :D

inb4 JC decides all chars that did not gobble for a week die to starvation, permanently die ofc ¦] ¦] ¦]
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Claeyt » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:18 am

DeepSixed wrote:Was this patch to encourage folks to play... or just set your vets that much further apart from everyone else?

First off, I'm usually the most keen to discuss these things.

Yes the mining is a bit harder but you guys get to use mining slotted clothes in the first place. Those things and especially the amythests didn't exist when we built ours. Also we had to mine copper mines just to get copper when the server first started so most of us had to build at least 2 mines to get that. Third, alloying for general iron is much easier now as we didn't have alloying sets when the server first started. So overall it may take more phlegm to mine now but noobs have slotted mining clothes that are more affective and alloying clothes to make metal easier. I think it's a wash there.

Next, legacy food was somewhat easier with no need for butter and livestock meat and smokers were easier to make. Yes some of these foods were easier to make but I also think this is a wash since they've introduced sooo many new foods since the fall, especially fruit foods now. All it takes is like 20s each to get started on fruit trees. Most of us payed upwards of 10,000s to get fruit going when it was introduced. Fruit is much, much easier to use now so gluttony is sort of a wash. None of us used much fish foods anyways and you can still use them if you don't mind fishing a bit.

Finally, Yes it means that somewhat veteran players had a few extra months of hunting darkenbears with rifles from canoes. I'm glad they nerfed it. It was still hard as hell to hunt them and not many people I know got the eyes anyways.

but...

Lastly there are so many new things here that I still don't know how it's going to affect the game but I do know that three 20 stat alts with rifles can now instantly kill a 2000 stat giant as long as they all aim right in their defense. :D
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements