Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Postby Procne » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:17 pm

Forungi wrote:Seriously...

Just build walls around your auth objects, problem solved.
What is the big deal?

Ask wiatrak I guess
Procne

Postby belgear » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:18 pm

10/10 thread!
belgear
Customer

Postby Forungi » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:19 pm

er-queent8r wrote:
This!

They seem to want the lazy way out. Change the mechanic so I don't have to work. Salem is a permadeath game not care bear village. Grow some balls will you guys.

Indeed.

Although it doesn't take any balls to spend 10min building a tiny ass wall and a brazier around said auth object.
Forungi

Postby wiatrak » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:28 pm

Procne wrote:
Forungi wrote:Seriously...

Just build walls around your auth objects, problem solved.
What is the big deal?

Ask wiatrak I guess

Well you know i've planned to make a brickwall around my place but getting over 2000 lards takes a while and i would really understand that change if i had any chance to defend from that, in the past i had a window to prepare for a raid or anything, this patch just made me wake up and see that everything is lost.
wiatrak
Customer

Postby Procne » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:29 pm

er-queent8r wrote:One thing I would like to add. How can you quote something from when the game was in beta and expect it to hold true in the released version?

Since you didn't take my offer, I will reply to this instead.
Because there was no other info posted in the meantime. Just because "beta" label was removed doesn't mean that everything that was said and established to be true suddenly loses its value. Thinking that way is ***** retarded.
Relying on old info does make sense, unless there was other info posted after it.

And it's not an issue of lazy people now. Most of them would be fine with getting some warning before hand so that they could prepare. But there was no warning and apparently some people lost their bases. So go ahead and tell them now "no big deal". But it's not even the point. One change went unnoticed - maybe someone forgot it in patch notes. Mistakes happen. There is no evidence Darwoth was given info of such change from devs earlier (although it is possible). Instead of admitting to a mistake, we get jokes, vanishing posts and defensive attitude.
Procne

Postby MarpTarpton » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:32 pm

Which post vanished?
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Procne » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:33 pm

LOMS wrote:
grapefruitv wrote:My friend pmd devs describing the situation and linked this JC's post(which is deleted now as you can see). After two days he got a reply:

Which is

Thanks, Grapie. I do remember that JC's post and Google remember it aswell.
Hope this link will work for others.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=ru

And image, just in case:

Page snapshot for 30 jun 2015.

I also saved current thread locally. Just in case of missing posts or whole topic in nearest future.
Procne

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:47 pm

So what this thread tells me is people stupidly built stones outside of walls knowing that jc would eventually pull something like this.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby Ntlosa » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:50 pm

Guys don't w8ste your energy here better go and start to rebuild your protection around your city , yes its bad that developer "Forgot" to inform us about this game changing mehanic's, but this is Salem and you need to protect your shi*t with braziers and wall if you don't want is stolen.
Ntlosa

Postby MarpTarpton » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:33 pm

Let's keep it on topic please and keep your personal attacks to PMs or HoB where they are more appreciated.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements