Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Don't be a fool - Wrap your Authority Object

Postby Forungi » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:14 am

I just don't see what's bad about this. Maybe it's because i'm new here, but really, it is very unreasonable that a small stone object such as the boundary stone would not be breakable.
Just more reason for people to actively protect their **** instead of just logging in once per day to check their crops.

Punish the lazies. +1
Forungi

Postby Darwoth » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:28 am

RobertoKarlos wrote:
Darwoth wrote:blood used to play this game 20 hours a day, in fact months after he quit both of his characters are still on the top ten played time list, then he got raided and now the game sucks :lol:

I know for a fact that he quit long before he was raided.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no *****, he did not.

he was still online all day long on both of his characters as a rule in the days/weeks before the raid and throughout the entire raid until the bloodmoon triggered and his townmates started getting killed, then he logged off. logged back in only once it was over to ***** and moan and has now been a forum wart like yourself ever since.
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:32 am

Claeyt wrote:
Darwoth wrote:want something special? do something special. even claeyt has his own hat.

Not only am I the only owner of a 'Claeyt's Cap' but as far as I know I'm still the only one with a Cowbell Musical instrument.

btw Marp how do I get my cowbell off my cow after I've put it on? It keeps clanging whenever she moves.

Forungi wrote:There is a teamspeak server?! Please share.

The UNOFFICIAL teampeak channel for anyone to use is on: ts.knoc.org

JC and Marp used to visit it all the time but haven't been on in awhile. :( Dallane comes on it to troll us occasionally and I found out Darwoth has ghosted it once or twice. I've been too busy in RL to be on it as much as last spring but if I'm playing I'm probably on it. Anyone is welcome to use it and can create their own town sub-channel if they message kwaad via teamspeak. Don't bust into his channel and demand to talk to him. Ask him if you can talk to him in Salem via chat.

what the ***** is "ghosting" a teamspeak? i have never connected to your teamspeak, do not even have that **** program on my computer and havent since like 2003 when we used it for a week before switching to vent, which i also have not used in years.

also, you do not have the only claeyt hat. there are 4 or 5 of them that were given out to people for being retarded like you. i looted one months ago.
Darwoth

Postby HolyLight » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:15 pm

Procne wrote:How are people actually getting raided because of this change? Do they place authority objects providing vclaim coverage for the walls outside those walls? If so - that's just sloppy design.

Some people have autho objects out in the open or in places that might not be possible to encase without redesigning the village or removing other structures first, but these are still within the village walls.

The problem i see here, is it now forces all players to encase them within walls + protect them with braziers to ensure if a waste claim is dropped they cannot be removed because if that happens then the village coverage drops and people can loot / plunder the village without crimes and can even take it over with their own village / pclaims.

The other slight issue i see some villages having is that they had the bells left in the open so all village members can contribute towards the upkeep without needing to worry about giving keys to others, risking giving keys to spys etc. These villages would be quite screwed with this change.
HolyLight

Postby Darwoth » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:20 pm

yeah they are so totally screwed, it is absolutely impossible for a big village to spend the 10 minutes or less that it would take a single person to protect the spots they want protected.
Darwoth

Postby Thor » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:22 pm

There is a difference in getting bored to Salem and calling it a steaming pile of **** after years of playing and that it really is.
Seems like population tells us otherwise, world of Salem is pretty much active and even some of the old vets still keep playing.
Some old vets just keep crying that they got raided even though I'm sure they knew what they signed up for in the first place when they created their first character.
I mean.. This is a PVP game. You run your mouth and somebody gets mad and raids you - what the ***** do you think was going to happen?
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby grapefruitv » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:26 pm

Wasn't planning on posting my story, but since it seems many people had the same issue recently I might aswell mention it. My town was raided because of this silent update ~2 weeks ago.
I am not a complete idiot and have almost 6 years of HnH experience (which's claims and authority system salem's system is based on) and when I was planning my outer brickwall I did check for that sort of information and found all the related info on both wikis and forums. That's what I've found:

My friend pmd devs describing the situation and linked this JC's post(which is deleted now as you can see). After two days he got a reply:

Which is

So yeah, don't bother paying your upkeep anymore folks. Competing for top ten towns was never easier, just spam dem flags inside of your brickwall and never pay. Working as intended.
I don't think there is any conspiracy to this, it's not that hard to find out on your own if you are an active raider, but dev's reaction is what bothers me. "Oh well, we forgot to mention a crucial update, suck it up, the best course of actions now is to erase all the proofs it was not always like that and call you a fool", so basically it looks like they only want to cover their own mistake, that's a very demotivating attitude and I don't think I would want to come back to salem untill community management will start to act more responsible and respective towards community (and less biased maybe? oh well, I said no conspiracy).
grapefruitv

Postby Thor » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:28 pm

Could we add a foil hat to game ? :lol:
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Darwoth » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:29 pm

spamming auth flags inside a brickwall for tax position is fine so long as you want to pay the 75s/day per flag, as soon as you stop doing so and the bell is empty you drop off the leaderboard.

also a lot changes in 8 months which is how long it has been since that post you cited was made.
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:31 pm

Thor wrote:Could we add a foil hat to game ? :lol:

there already is one, think it was originally made for frakked :lol:
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements