Game Development: A Fortunate Providence

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: A Fortunate Providence

Postby wiatrak » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:44 pm

After 10 days into the new system i'll have some thoughts to share:

New inspiration system seems to be working pretty well, early rush on skills is blocked due to low inspiration gain, later on you have enough inspirationals and if you can do the math well it's more than enough(sure it could go faster but with the way proffesions are developed now it would be a 1-month till endgame if we'd talk about socketing)

New gluttony system, lets start with the previous one, before purity nerf you could just create alt and feed it with leaves of cabbage untill 200+ biles, after that we've got some players with legacy stuff who still could rise thier toons, and newbs struggling at 0-5% and chance to buy some high(15%+) purity boards from older players and we had to focus on all 4 elements because diffrent colours gave diffrent bonuses.

I haven't tested the higher tier farming food yet but diffrent types of meat have diffrent effect on reducing/restoring food debuffs, no bonus from meat directly into stats, that goes into one point:

Now with the new system alchemical attributes doesn't matter so much, they just have to be as high as possible, in haven&hearth we have quality and thats all, in salem we've got quality*4. That's nice but it goes into one thing. WATER

You use water to create clay(lime has nearly no effect in creating). There is no point to look for clay pit purity if you can create much better clay with water.
You need water to fill gardening pots. Before we've got formula: (pot + plant + 3*humus + water)/6, now we have (pot + plant + humus + water)/4, i hope it doesn't work like that.
You need water and pots to create higher purity trees(means hp compost bins -> humus -> farming stuff)
You need water for baking.
You need water for leather(well that also depends on animals you've got around)

I'd say change a little how water affects stuff, or it will go to the point: "who have found better water is the winner"
wiatrak
Customer

Postby Mereni » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:47 am

Yeah, that's pretty much been the case since the purity nerf. I'm not sure if 'winner' is the right term though. With only 10% water to boost up with, we're not going to be able to get more than a negligible 1 or 2% for farmed foods. Less even than foraged foods that might still be able to approach 10%. Either way, the existence of purity atm is a joke.
Mereni

Postby Scilly_guy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:41 pm

wiatrak wrote:That's nice but it goes into one thing. WATER
I'd say change a little how water affects stuff, or it will go to the point: "who have found better water is the winner"

Thats pretty much the reason I stopped playing, I was hoping the update would've included something to do with wells, I'm still expecting another update sometime soon™. Seeing as Loftar spoke about being unsure how it should work as recently as February I'm interested to see what they do come up with.
Scilly_guy

Postby Bearcub » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Yep!
-we got the system that pushes you to make alts (kinda prepare to be killed even if you just a farmer)
-the element now means nothing (so if you find a really good spot of water then you almost won, as was said above)
-alchemy seems to be still useless (you can't rise the element you need for decent amount)
-waiting for corn (then some recipes, that could be helping you to rise biles are blocked)

Of course not everything that bad, but still waiting for the digging tool. Probably it will never appear as the world is now almost flat (maybe the Providence historically flat, I dunno, but it's toooo much of flatness around). No broom still (who needs horses :lol: ).
The thing that really looks interesting is feasting- you have to plan what to eat and in what order to get max gain.
Trade is the first step to the diplomacy.
Diplomacy is a tool for unification.
Then be honest with your customers to make new bonds!
Bearcub

Postby Sinnerman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:54 pm

Bearcub wrote:Yep!
-we got the system that pushes you to make alts (kinda prepare to be killed even if you just a farmer)

I'm agree with that!
New system "Siege & PvP" is sucks, prior was much better.

Captain James

Blood will be shed
Lives will be lost
People will be devastated

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7pLo3IPKI0fD4ZqIXe2hPg
Sinnerman

Postby Brego » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:49 pm

Sinnerman wrote:

I'm agree with that!

Captain James

ahhahahahaha

\ James you are really noob...
Madness
I would change everything in places, but to madness, I do not have enough strength
""I Love TRIBE ""
Tha Biddas "Dream Crusher"
Brego

Postby Bearcub » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:01 pm

Sinnerman wrote:

I'm agree with that!

Captain James

I mean that if you have only 1 body that you develop, then you'll lose everything as you die. So you have to rise 3 at once(to have at least 1 body to play if you let them kill you twice) to be safe for case that you can be killed. Stock that let you to return your 400bile body in previous world is nothing now
Trade is the first step to the diplomacy.
Diplomacy is a tool for unification.
Then be honest with your customers to make new bonds!
Bearcub

Postby Claeyt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:39 pm

WB Bearcub
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby TheBatman » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:28 am

A Fortunate Providence (for players that bug abuse)

fixed title
TheBatman

Postby jorb » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:44 am

jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements