Witch Tool for the Job

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Witch Tool for the Job

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:51 pm

Spazzmaticus wrote:Still, even with 270+ mining artifice, chipping speed is almost as slow as pre-nerf without. Add to that the fact that you have to sacrifice pocket slots for mining and I think it's a bum deal.

Its very possible it was nerfed.

You also can build stamp mills though which were not changed and do it automatically for you.

Just because something 'got worse' does not mean it was not intended. Observe the speed at which you chop a tree. And realize I reserve the right to make the entire game that speed. Anything 'quicker' than that is a blessing. If people complain too much, I will indeed just reset ALL times to tree-chopping speed and then pick and choose which items I want faster, this way 'everything' is perceived as 'better' for those who have a tendency to latch on to the few things that get 'worse' in the sea of things that got better.

There are a lot of things that I think are too generous, too quick, or otherwise not going to fit into our final goals for things. A few of them will get 'nefed' each patch.

All that being said, I'm quite positive that those who have a top-shelf mining set are indeed chipping faster than they were before. Those who do not have as good mining clothes, now have something more to work for if chipping speed bothers them.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Spazzmaticus » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:05 pm

Gotcha. Didn't realize it was intentional.
Spazzmaticus

Postby Zapt13 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Kandarim wrote:
note how I actually said chipping speed

Yea, that was @Cheena who said digging. I realize that I haven't dug any soil since the last patch, only lime and ore boulders, so I can't say about digging soil. But it seems the duration between ticks changes with artiface bonuses, so that more or less clears it up. It's now 2 ticks for everyone, but my tick might be shorter than your tick.

I think I like this because it's harder to calculate the bonus. Reading numbers off the screen results in a mechanic that's easy to calculate, using a stop-watch to determine what your tick rate is would be far less precise.
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Cheena » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:31 pm

It does indeed change the time instead of the number of ticks (which is basically the same) and I was aware of that before asking. My question was why. I don't understand that change and it's very unpleasant. The change I mean, not the fact that I don't understand it.
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:54 pm

Cheena wrote:It does indeed change the time instead of the number of ticks (which is basically the same) and I was aware of that before asking. My question was why. I don't understand that change and it's very unpleasant. The change I mean, not the fact that I don't understand it.

It's because before you could get to 25% per tick and get no further benefit until you got to 33% per tick and then no further benefit until 50% per tick and then no way to really improve from there.

This way, the speed between ticks increases incrementally and therefore every point of artifice you get improves your speed somewhat.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:02 pm

Yes, Meow explained it quite well :).
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:16 am

I like the changes
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Ukhata » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:08 am

this just makes the 50% ticks useless in themselves :)
Ukhata

Postby Cheena » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:48 am

That's pretty true but I'd rather have at least one tick than not at all, without a tick it would just look like the current climbing and... and... please no :lol:

Thank you for explaining tho. It feels less unpleasant :D
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby Ukhata » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:58 am

i didnt mean to say we shouldnt see anything, just that a 50% tick is useless, just do something else then a 50% tick :)
Ukhata

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements