Salem V1.1.4 Jingle Bombs

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.4 Jingle Bombs

Postby Bjebr » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:51 am

@ Dallane : Concerning Popham I agree with you about the "more friendly raider environment". But "big" factions didn't come to play there**. I don't know why and your point of view (and darwoth , kkk , brego , alloin , heff , arcadia , tribe , whoever i forgot) is more accurate than mine.
Without "big factions" that already know the game (raising character , raiding , witchery , ...) very well , I don't think Popham can have raiders before a long long time , and then it's too late it's depleted!

For carebears/noobs , like me , I think that expedition is pretty nice if you begin early , with enough time we can raise our character enough to try new things later (raiding / darkness / PvP / witchery...) but it requests us a lot of time , because we don't really know how to make it efficiently. For exemple my character now have around 300 biles , my T&N to 600 , and stacked at max inheritance. So I will "soon" try to go to darkness hunting big monsters I've never seen. I will probably die to it , but I don't care I will inherit everything.
But it's hard to begin on expedition server after everyone , mostly because you don't know how many time "left" you have to raise your character before the end of the server**** , so in general there's no newcomers and server pop is slowly decreasing.

Bjebr

** : I don't count the first week(s) when some of "big faction" made some P2W crappy play , with despicable background , and pathetic tears/withdrawal when TbC and stone wall arrived (stone wall woooot !)
**** : personnal point of view expedition server should have a fixed/known closing date : if the witches don't win in 4/6/8/10/whatever months then pilgrims have won and devs shut the server.
Bjebr

Postby salemwutwut » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:22 pm

Old players talking a about competition in this game is a joke. Pretty sure most people here compete in League Of Legends, or Dota, or some FPS, where you can actually compete without "loading" black screens, or without needing to have an ancient base that can mass produce high biles. We compete in games we don't have to be rich first. And then there's the actual pvp moves and clunky character movements, so unnatural and frustrating. I don't come to Salem to compete. I compete in MOBAS nowadays. I come to Salem to try to build something and explore a bit. Knowing there's characters at the 2000 range is enough for me to postpone indefinitely any remote idea of competition in this game. And they will keep growing and getting richer, so there's not much competition to be had here.
salemwutwut

Postby Darwoth » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:50 pm

have had hours of arguments along with in depth conversations voicing my concerns with regard to balance of solo's/small vs zergs, time investment vs difficulty both with regard to combat aspects and of the game in general along with other issues as recently as just a while ago, will see how it all shakes out in the end whether for the better or worse.

however at the end of the day every post in this thread that does not come from myself, a dallane, a rustatorium carebear or a kzerg should be completely ignored as they are nothing but soot in the chimney from someone igniting a big hash block of concentrated ignorance. reading you folks posts is like smelling a pile of **** that your puppy surprised you with 4 rooms over and then seeing said puppym happily wagging its tail and chewing up your photo album because it is a retarded puppy and has no concept of what it is doing/"saying" or why its actions are so annoying to its superior.
Darwoth

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:56 pm

Darwoth wrote: ignored as they are nothing but soot in the chimney from someone igniting a big hash block of concentrated ignorance. reading you folks posts is like smelling a pile of **** that your puppy surprised you with 4 rooms over and then seeing said puppym happily wagging its tail and chewing up your photo album because it is a retarded puppy and has no concept of what it is doing.

A new Darwoth Quote like this is probably the best X-mas present I could have asked for.

For the record, Darwoth is one of the few people I tolerate the harsh and sometimes un-tested criticism because he has quite frankly invested more brain power and testing into almost every mechanic we have implemented in the past. He has also never had access to, or utilized the test server to this date making it all that much more impressive when he outmaneuvers a freshly launched mechanic against other players who may have donated time here or there in helping us test it. He is passionate about the changes we make because I believe deep down he cares more about this game and its future then he will ever admit to us. Now more than ever Darwoth needs a X-mas Hug and as such I will be sending an additional X-mas present to every person who is able to screenshot a /hug standing next to him in town or in game (I highly suggest in town and not off claim). We shall call it, Operation Darwoth Hugs. 123 GO!

P.S. THis thread is no longer about patch changes. And is instead a gallery for screenshots of hugging darwoth.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Qiresea » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:00 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Darwoth wrote: ignored as they are nothing but soot in the chimney from someone igniting a big hash block of concentrated ignorance. reading you folks posts is like smelling a pile of **** that your puppy surprised you with 4 rooms over and then seeing said puppym happily wagging its tail and chewing up your photo album because it is a retarded puppy and has no concept of what it is doing.

A new Darwoth Quote like this is probably the best X-mas present I could have asked for.

For the record, Darwoth is one of the few people I tolerate the harsh and sometimes un-tested criticism because he has quite frankly invested more brain power and testing into almost every mechanic we have implemented in the past. He has also never had access to, or utilized the test server to this date making it all that much more impressive when he outmaneuvers a freshly launched mechanic against other players who may have donated time here or there in helping us test it. He is passionate about the changes we make because I believe deep down he cares more about this game and its future then he will ever admit to us. Now more than ever Darwoth needs a X-mas Hug and as such I will be sending an additional X-mas present to every person who is able to screenshot a /hug standing next to him in town or in game (I highly suggest in town and not off claim). We shall call it, Operation Darwoth Hugs. 123 GO!

P.S. THis thread is no longer about patch changes. And is instead a gallery for screenshots of hugging darwoth.

i would give him a hug but he doesn't like puppies apparently.
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby thedarklore » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:01 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Now more than ever Darwoth needs a X-mas Hug and as such I will be sending an additional X-mas present to every person who is able to screenshot a /hug standing next to him in town or in game (I highly suggest in town and not off claim). We shall call it, Operation Darwoth Hugs. 123 GO!

Are you trying to keep darwoth logged off/not come to provi?
thedarklore

Postby Darwoth » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:46 pm

actually i was in church earlier accepting hugs sporting my brand new american hero cape santa left me ( http://game.salemthegame.com/mt/ss/2ee7 ... 834b7abea9 ) but nobody had any to give, you folks must hate america.
Darwoth

Postby Necrobane » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:52 pm

Darwoth wrote:actually i was in church earlier accepting hugs sporting my brand new american hero cape santa left me ( http://game.salemthegame.com/mt/ss/2ee7 ... 834b7abea9 ) but nobody had any to give, you folks must hate america.

Loyal servant of Her Majesty Lallaith
Necrobane
Customer

Postby Qiresea » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:19 pm

sorry i missed that, i was a bit busy
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Zerk » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:55 pm

I have one of these arcane amethysts, what are they for? I tried searching the site but no mention of their purpose.
Zerk

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements