Patch 2.2.15 - Friendship FUNdamentals

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Patch 2.2.15 - Friendship FUNdamentals

Postby MarpTarpton » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:14 pm

Greetings Pilgrims,

The hallmark of this patch is the revision to town permissions, a long awaited and oft requested review that many over the years have felt hindered group play. The system still isn't (and never will be) perfect to the point of complete foolproof protection from the shameful act of betrayal, but this should give most players the peace of mind to cohabit, should they be inclined to do so. Included in this was a large list of actions, the associated crimes of which have been revised to be more in-line with permissability (tree chopping, for instance, as theft over vandalism). In addition, it covers a broad swath of early game changes that I think helps nicely with balance and overall gameplay. Here are your patch notes:

Marp Giveth

- Made salvage considered vandalism for the purpose of Town Claims.
- Added permission options to Town Claims for Building, Theft, and Vandalism. Now go live together.
- Redefined the criminality of a host of activities, see below under Small Changes for a full list.
- Made substance transfers a criminal offense (salting fields, adding/taking water from a barrel, etc)
- Significantly reduced proficiency costs required to learn Potato Growing, Maize Planting, and Tobacco Planting.
- Changed Timber Pile drying time from 5.5 days to 3 days
- Adjusted Timber Piles to cascade into moldiness with less severity
- Adjusted hookah timer to 1 puff per 20 hours (was 23 hours)
- Adjusted pay respects timer so that you can pay respects with a flower at a grave once per 10 hours (was 24 hours)
- Vanilla client users can now toggle the Flatness Tool with Ctrl+L much like their Custom Client cousins.
- If a player does not have theft permissions on a claim, the player can't pull a sled/cart onto the claim (from Ideas channel, does not [yet] apply to boats as there has been contention of whether this would be good).
- Adjusted a timer of a certain whiffing mechanic in a certain room in a certain Mason Lodge to 20 hours (from 24 hours).

Marp Taketh Away

- Reduced reed value to compost bins from 1.5 to 0.3
- Players can no longer salvage claimstones, borderstones, crosses of st. george, or leantos [done during a bugfix between this and last patch]

Bug Fixes/Small Changes:

CRIME CHANGES
- Made the following theft instead of vandalism:
-- Tree Chopping
-- Tree Planting
-- Bush Lifting
-- Bush Planting
-- Woodblock Chopping
-- Field Tending (with a hoe)
-- Field Tilling
-- Bellows Tending
-- Flag Hanging
-- Flag Gathering
-- Clay Digging
-- Human Sausage Making
-- Melting Pot Emptying
-- Putting Corpse into Coffin
-- Burying Coffin
-- Paving with a Lilypad
-- Branding Livestock
-- Putting a Fish in a Fish Bowl

- Made the following trespassing instead of vandalism
-- Writing on a sign
-- Paying respects at a grave

- Made the following vandalism instead of theft
-- Desecrating a body

- Made the following theft instead of trespassing
-- Cask opening
-- Cask sealing/unsealing
-- Fruit picking

- Fixed bug involving ballocks withdrawals and infinite stuns.
- Upated dropres for coal, trailmix
- Updated icon for dead wild turkey
- Updated icons for crunchy rabbit and garlic rabbit so they look less similar
- Increased size of bark cup model, updated texture
- Revised tree-picking animation so character feet no longer leave the ground
- Moved Nine Man's Morris and Decorative Woodcarving to Carpentry
- Revised Filet on the Rocks recipe to cost 1 Granite and 1 Gneiss
- Reduced affluence required to enter The Den to 200 (from 201).
- Fixed gembox so it shows full when full.
- Fish in the Reeds and Peppertuna both require fire in order to cook
- Changed recipe for Simple Table and Simple Chair
- Added "Pack" to Big Autumn Pack window.
- Made some adjustments to cravings table.
- Fixed the font on Trade Orders to be kinder to the eyes.
- Hickory nut again(?) has a dropres.
- Changed recipe for Buddies on a Branch
- Wicker and Reed Baskets now sound more like wicker and reed baskets when opening them
- Meat shreds harvested from rabbits and marchhares now retain the rabbit meat buff.

What's Next?:

- New Server stuff

Again, no patch hat this time in. Feel free to peruse the shop though for other useful bits and bites. Thank you all for your continued support and stay safe in the Lumberwoods!
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Re: Patch 2.2.15 - Friendship FUNdamentals

Postby CINAR » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:58 pm

We can't even find hermits online and playing, but you are working on towns :shock:
I, myself coming and checking forum If you added something that really attracts old and new player back into game.
I will continue to check until I got something to attract me to start playing again...
I miss those purity grinding days in the past, like 10 years ago ;)
CINAR

Postby gorniksam » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:53 pm

CINAR wrote:We can't even find hermits online and playing, but you are working on towns :shock:
I, myself coming and checking forum If you added something that really attracts old and new player back into game.
I will continue to check until I got something to attract me to start playing again...

this ^
gorniksam

Postby Taipion » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:19 am

CINAR wrote:We can't even find hermits online and playing, but you are working on towns :shock:

It's amazing how there is still someone developing this game, and actually doing important stuff like town rights,
despite constantly having people like you who have a very personal, very biased, very limited but also very negative view on it...

[edit:] If grinding purity forever is your thing as you stated, you're free to play hnh and join the neverending loop of grind and wipes...
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby elidmw » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:02 pm

Taipion wrote:

It's amazing how there is still someone developing this game, and actually doing important stuff like town rights,
despite constantly having people like you who have a very personal, very biased, very limited but also very negative view on it...

[edit:] If grinding purity forever is your thing as you stated, you're free to play hnh and join the neverending loop of grind and wipes...

If we compare player stats here and at HnH, there are more players with that "personal, very biased, very limited" view. It's normal for sandboxes that majority cares more for PVE and progression stuff than PVP stuff. Sure, PVP-focused games have same rights to exist and be developed, but the point about new content is still valid. Even Marp himself planned to add more content about domesticated animals.
elidmw

Postby donatas081294 » Sat May 27, 2023 10:09 pm

So what's the new end goal/roadmap/whatever else you would define it, for Salem?
Hafen/Haven and Hearth/Haven and Hearth 2 doing something object controlled whatever that is.
donatas081294

Postby Paradoxyc » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:23 pm

donatas081294 wrote:So what's the new end goal/roadmap/whatever else you would define it, for Salem?
Hafen/Haven and Hearth/Haven and Hearth 2 doing something object controlled whatever that is.

Salem 2: Marp Boogaloo
Paradoxyc
Customer

Return to Announcements