Development Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Development Roadmap

Postby Feone » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:16 am

nonsonogiucas wrote:
Feone wrote:but a cart is just too big of a pain to carry around on long foraging trips.

Gentlemen... this way please...

Carts being a pain in the ass on long trips has little to do with inventory extensions.
Feone

Postby nonsonogiucas » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:55 am

Feone wrote:Carts being a pain in the ass on long trips has little to do with inventory extensions.

:shock:
I was lucky...
nonsonogiucas

Postby RonPaulFTW » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:58 am

Blood wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Development roadmap updated. Combat now priority over professions. This is more or less simply to give us more time to expand the professions and content further.

Artifice system will be getting some love so if I were y'all I would not be socketing my best stuff until the changes went into effect and you know the real outcome of your efforts.

As you said more civilian proficiencies are coming in, and i understand these will help with mining farming etc is there any that will be added to help with gathering or at least think about adding any like an extended pockets section that allow you to hold more berries or grass or some such(flower baskets). It is one thing i always envisioned for Salem was the travelers sacks from hnh where i could go out foraging for an hour or more to collect a substantial amount of items to use.

More and more the devs have made it easier to grow many forageabeles at home. So there is less need for this unless you want rare items
RonPaulFTW

Postby mentalyll » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:27 pm

I wonder what is coming next! <3
mentalyll

Postby Nektaris » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:17 pm

time to put an "X" on Combats :D
oleanna wrote:It's a part of the game. Stealing stuff with larceny or with brain is a way like an other !
Nektaris

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:36 pm

Roadmap updated.

Professions and everything we want to do with them remains to be just too large of a venture for a single month, we intend to circle back down and "close" up the professions when it seems reasonable we are within a months worth of work to do so. Also we are not 100% sure what we want to do with stalls as our opinion and direction with them has changed a few times. As such, we have taken a detour as evidenced by the unwelcome guest on our path. Next stop. Purity.

ETA..... September 26th - October 3rd.

As always we will do our best to go quicker but purity is so big and so involved in every piece of Salem that we make no promises here. If we run into any issues that may take us even longer we will certainly let you know and you'll have to trust us that any delays will not be caused by a lack of effort but merely a naive understanding of the beast of purity that we are challenging.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby ImpalerWrG » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:07 am

How dose this sound as an idea/template for an "Expedition".

Jamaica has been discovered, every town can send expedition alts to Jamaica which is a separate map. On Jamaica their are sugar-cane plants available which will only grow in Jamaica, every faction tries to grow and produce as much sugar as possible in one month. They must store the sugar in a new structure the 'Sugar-Shack' which can be destroyed, at the end of the month the faction that possess the most Sugar will be granted the Royal Sugar monopoly. That faction gets to take back to Providence ALL the sugar produced during the Expedition and gets a 'Sugar monopoly' document/item which allows you too buy sugar from NPC's at a discount, this item should be subject to being stolen so ideally some mechanism will prevent it from being alt-valted.

Many variations on this theme of a resource production race + winner takes all resources back + legendary item bonus should be possible.
ImpalerWrG

Postby lachlaan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:13 am

Woooo, you're tackling my babby (favourite activity ingame xD). Looking forward to see it in its new form, if a bit worried that all my effort so far will go thoroughly down the drain. I do however like the recent format of updates, where we get warnings to not make half a month's play futile, perhaps some teasers, and then WHAM, patch over the head.

So yeah, considering the fact a lot of work goes into purity for the players that want to glutton past a certain point, any early warnings / hints we should know to prevent manual hair-loss when the patch hits? :D
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:28 am

Given how much is going to be changed, I don't see any real value in pushing any form of purity over the next month. The vast majority of purity achievable in the game now, will be achievable easier in the future. The best thing players can do is try to focus on the patches and changes we finished as opposed to the changing on the horizon.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby lachlaan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:31 am

Alright then, good to know :) Can focus my efforts on eradicating the turkeys from the face of the land in hope that eventually they'll give up their golden goose queen as a bribe for their survival. Good luck working on the patch, and since I've not said it well enough yet, very good job with this latest patch, I'm still riding the high of new content :D
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements