A new era of prosperity on jamestown

Existing groups and towns recruit here.

Re: A new era of prosperity on jamestown

Postby Hardy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:20 am

Darwoth wrote:with regards to plot size, what do folks consider reasonable for a town setting? i think most towns in haven used the 25x25 standard, but i am open to whatever. dont really care so long as it is within reason and not hogging to much space.

I believe a 25x25 set up would give a decent amount of space to work with. It would give you room for a few key buildings, fields and some storage.
Hardy

Postby darnokpl » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:54 am

25x25 in salem is too small, 42x42 is great... I can post town plans today, maybe you can use them.

EDIT:

Town A is town when you add people, on its claim you can build common buldings like mill, smelters, owens etc etc where every town member will have access.

Town B is town where ONLY YOU got your mayor! (you can use base 100x100 claim for your fighters hv or storage).

Trick is that you let people drop personal claims on town B (town where they have zero permissions), when they are not in party with town-b-mayor they can't claim more land, but their plots are still protected by town-claim. Even if you will have two hostile groups in town they won't be able to bash each other wall without waste-claim :)
You would have permissions to bash anyones wall, even more if you build around each plot make shift fence on town b claim you can lockin people that are making trouble and punish them later.

Of course town B claim can be done with only 32 crosses, so it shouldn't be so hard to pay its upkeep.
darnokpl

Postby RuneNL » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:35 am

I'm a supporter of a semi-central town fighting ring for training/sparring but also village disputes. On double consensus disputes can be fought to KO or death depending on the participants.

Continued disputes between two that refuse to settle their dispute like civilized or like warriors should be kicked out or be put to death by our Overlord.
RuneNL

Postby Procne » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:47 am

Well, between MM and Darwoth I prefer Darwoth any time. At least he's straight about what he does, without all this ***** propaganda and forum flooding.
Procne

Postby Darwoth » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:54 am

i actually like the double town idea, will probably save me more money (or aggravation) than the extra expense with not having to declaim troll plots from people that want to **** all over the project while keeping townmembers safe from intra town vandalism. will give it some thought on the best way to implement it into the current town layout and likely drop a second bell tommorrow.

with regard to plot size 42x42 is going to be to large for the number of people i expect we will recieve, i have no problem with the more active folks having larger plots. but 30+ people all having their own 42x42 area (most of whom would not even need a 25x25 area) is going to be more upkeep than i am willing to pay by myself (i have 13k in vendor rent per week + a half dozen other towns and several 20k tile plots to pay for).
Last edited by Darwoth on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darwoth

Postby darnokpl » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:15 am

Darwoth wrote:with regard to plot size 42x42 is going to be to large for the number of people i expect we will recieve, i have no problem with the more active folks having larger plots. but 30+ people all having their own 42x42 area (most of whom would not even need a 25x25 area)

Then make base plot size 21x21, it should be easy to merge them into 42x42 if some people quit and others would need more space (of course dont make spaces between 21x21).

Anyways still waiting for hs :)
darnokpl

Postby RuneNL » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:10 pm

One thing I wonder though, Darwoth, why pay the rent all by yourself?

I think its only reasonable to pay #townspeople/rent = upkeep per person.
RuneNL

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:27 pm

RuneNL wrote:One thing I wonder though, Darwoth, why pay the rent all by yourself?

I think its only reasonable to pay #townspeople/rent = upkeep per person.

Maybe after the town is autonomous but to impose a tax from the start would scare people away.
TeckXKnight

Postby iamah » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:30 pm

It's funny how this game resist any changes in name of not interfering and being a free world, but in reality they're delegating these rule capabilities to players like OP.

I have a couple chars and would probably consider joining, because the only alternative is not playing the game, which I do.

It's a interesting world I wished to see again, but the game is in the hands of a few. As OP said, he owns even the means of safe trading. Just one of the problems...
iamah

Postby Specteo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:36 pm

hey am i able to join your town? i've stopped playing 4 months ago due some russians threathend me for money, but since a week i joinen in again in jamestown. i was building my own HS when i heared it was safer to join a VClaim. Mary Jane (player) told me to ask you if i could join your village.

some information about myself:

boy, 17 year, dutch, played allot of salem and H&H.

I hope i can assist ur village and to grow my self.
Specteo

PreviousNext

Return to The Colonial Charter