A new era of prosperity on jamestown

Existing groups and towns recruit here.

Re: A new era of prosperity on jamestown

Postby Darwoth » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:34 pm

iamah wrote:I think Darwoth is suffering from the same perspective as the devs. You known, he's rich, he can do everything he wants, the game is exciting to them.

Here's a regular player perspective: every mechanic is a torture. Hunt 11 crickets for what, 40s? Every one of those crickets is a pain to hunt down. And you still need to eat while you hunt. Sell stuff without a safe trading option? Another surreal mechanic. Have to use a forum to be able to sell something remotely safely? Really?

So yeah, at 630, for a 25x piece of land, in a game where every minute feels like 1 hour of gameplay, it's a hell to ask for. I'll be playing other stuff until some good update comes about.

you should be able to kill an entire batch of crickets in less than a minute if you have a sword and stats higher than like, 10. i was killing bears at 25 stats on the first day of the server, made lots of money off of pelts while leveling my characters stats.

or you could spend two hours collecting 150 hay within the safety of the jamestown claim and sell it to me or one of the other buyers and have all the silver you need for your plot.
Darwoth

Postby Tijl » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:37 pm

Darwoth wrote:
Tijl wrote:
Is there going to be a more central area for stuff like kilns, bread ovens, workbenches, etc...?

yes, the entire town center is for general production tools among other things and with the exception of a few ovens most of it is already in place. you can build your own on your plot or use those ones.

the 25x25 plot restrictions are just for now while we see how things pan out, i am fully aware some folks will eventually need more than that and we will cross that bridge when we get to it. but 90% of the playerbase has a small plot less than 25x25 (i used a plot about that big the majority of the time i have played) so i do not want to have areas of 50x50 cordoned off when most of that will be unused dead space as it just adds unneeded sprawl that becomes harder and harder to defend.

Very well. The Town center solves most of those problems then. And it's nice to hear there might be an option for expantion in the future.

Cheers,
Tijl

Postby RuneNL » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:27 pm

nico54k9 wrote:Fair enough, guess that was a pretty noob question then haha

Enthusiasm does not need to be noobish :)
RuneNL

Postby Darwoth » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:24 pm

i am sorting through invites now and will have them out with instructions shortly, if you do not get an invite but have verified you are ready to claim a plot you can expect one in a few days after the initial invite wave is set up, fresh spawn settlers with no settling will be a while after that.
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:56 pm

ok i have finalized the list of who will be getting invite instructions today, nice beginnings at 19 residents most of whom have been playing on jamestown for some time already. even if only half show up it is still a good start. if you are one of the 23 people who wanted to join the town but are not on this list it is because you have not verified to me that you have settling/silver and are ready to claim a plot, because i overlooked you (easy to do with the volume of PMs about the town, sorry), or because i need to speak with you further first. whatever the case is contact me to get it sorted.

the list:
(invites sent, removed names)

i will get the invites out within the next hour or so and idle off and on throughout the day while folks head to the area.
Last edited by Darwoth on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darwoth

Postby RuneNL » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Awesome!

Which character in town would you be? Otherwise my HS is in the last post I send you with the subject "Town +1".

Looking forward to start.
RuneNL

Postby drinix » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:52 pm

RuneNL wrote:Awesome!

Which character in town would you be? Otherwise my HS is in the last post I send you with the subject "Town +1".

Looking forward to start.

Hello neighbor, I think he's just pm'ing us the info. Looks like a good start!
drinix

Postby Darwoth » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:00 pm

ok guys invites for the first 19 people have been sent out with instructions + map. look forward to meeting folks and getting the town underway. again if you have NOT gotten an invite yet and think you should have see the reasons listed previously, if none of those apply to you feel free to shoot me a pm.
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:28 pm

first settler has staked his claim and i see 4 more on my kin list making their way out.
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:01 pm

ok we have several plots down with more guys incoming, will be around again in a few hours.
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to The Colonial Charter