A new era of prosperity on jamestown

Existing groups and towns recruit here.

Re: A new era of prosperity on jamestown

Postby Darwoth » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:34 pm

Claeyt wrote:Image

Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:38 pm

CoS wrote:I just wander why Darwoth left god-like DarkFall for this eternal-open-beta, but i don't really wanna know it.

darkfall 1 was shut down, i played it for 2 years or so until the game died due to aventurines legendary failures as a company finally snuffing it out and killing the playerbase. darkfall 2 is a piece of **** carebear game that is closer to wow than darkfall, everyone i know from darkfall that played it quit within the first month.
Darwoth

Postby Tijl » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:50 pm

And here is my expirience in all of this, i'm sure Darwoth will be happy "pleasing himself" to it :lol: . Same rule as Cheena. Don't care? Bye.

The start

I started playing this game a little over two months ago, charmed in to it by the voice of Gamerzakh. I have a long history playing all kind of different games, but you could call this one a first.

The first 2 or 3 weeks were not that great. I just ran around the safe zone of Jamestown leveling my skills. I leveled nearly all my skills with 5 bb because i didn't even have a clue you could raise biles. But my interest or addiction grew and i started looking for information. First from watching clips, then from reading often messy written topics and a poorly updated wiki. I leveled my biles a little and went to look for a place to live. I found the perfect location for a home, not counting those horrible hills though... But i'm not easily deterred and spent close to 3 days digging out a plateau with a wooden shovel in some really steep hills. After that i learned about iron shovels :lol: I swore then never to dig again, boy was i wrong...

A home to live

Finally i had a home. It was nothing special, but it was mine. I started buiding walls, braziers, tools and other necessities. I realised by this point farms and purity are the key to succes and thus started working hard on that. Things were going smoothly as i wasn't met by any hostilities. I read the forums on a consistant basis, but decided to remain incognito. I learned a bit about The Tribe, The Candy gang and ofcourse Lord Vold.. i mean Darwoth. But i didn't knew the full story. Darwoth seemed like not such a bad guy, and with trashtalk coming from all directions, it was sometimes hard to spot truth from lie between the banter. I decided not to get involved, and did my thing. But all of that was about to change..

Entering the town

It was just another day. i was scrolling through the forums, looking to see if something interesting happened. I stumbled on a new topic, this one. I didn't really know much about Darwoths history at this point. Sure, he was a killer and basicly the king of Jamestown. But i didn't know about any backstabbing. I didn't really care enough about his backstory to research it back then. But the town was an opportunity. I had gotten the basics out of the way, and it was perhaps the moment to join a town. This was my chanche. I had another offer from someone whose identity i wont reveal, but this one was just to tempting. Now i won't denie, i was ofcourse doing this in the hope to get some power and glory in the long run myself. Why else do we play this game, right? So, i pmed hime, got a response, went over there, and got my claim.

Life in town

I was one of the early birds in town and thus saw most people joining town. it was nice and fun to meet some really nice folks. Most of them very friendly. It was great, but things changed a bit. Suspicion and annoyance began to rise between some members. Some of wich caused by paranoid behavior, of wich i claim no innocence, but moslty by unreliable, leeching and lazy behavior. Still, this portrays a picture way more grim then reallity. It was still a great place. And i know of several people in town wich i could have given all my silver and snakeskulls to knowing i would get them back the next day. The positive was definitely much stronger then the negative. I would do it agin.

Darwoths behavior

After a week or two in town it was getting clear to me that Darwoth was not really there alot. He mostly just placed new plots and went AFK in a house in Jamestown. We had an occasional talk, but it never lasted really long. I noticed he likes to brag though, about little things. Bearkillings, Fast biling and such. It made me think/hope that maybe he was just looking for some love :oops:
But the itch was there. I noticed he just kept expanding the district, and the supposed number of applications he got, wich he posted on the forum, seemed much higher then what i could believe. I also explored the spot where the next district would be and saw that it had no preperations at all. The itch grew bigger. Then Darwoth came with an idea to "protect" us by building a makeshift fence around town. I told hime i feared it would scare of new and existing members. It was a poor excuse, and Darwoth must have felled i was on to hime at that point. He backed out of it, but i knew we had a problem. Why didn't i run? I thought about it, but really liked some people in town, they had grown on me. I tried giving signals of my suspissions by asking others about the fence and why i resisted, and i also joked about Darwoth going to kill us. i talked about soon making myself an army, "i just need a bit more time". Maybe some people got the message, i don't know. But nobody expressed his concern more private. Besides all that, Darwoth must have had a scents on me anyway, so i would have only died sooner if i ran. Doing more research on hime i read some of the stories on his site and learned of the type of traps he sets. I blatantly told hime about this, with a smile ofcourse, to see how he would respond. He didn't, oh that's bad... I figured i should just keep doing what i was doing, trying to please Darwoth and the town as much as i could. If i was a value to hime he might have given more time. I probably needed another full month to build my fort, build some new t3 fields some warriors. Then i would have been out of there, hoping to take some of the villagers with me on that day. But it never came to that.

Trolled

A few days ago i logged on to see the gates were blocked. I was told a troll came by who tried and moslty failed to block the gates. No big deal. This Saturday i was going to work on the road, i ran towards it, but before i got there i met the troll. Right away i thought Darwoth. Why? It might be a coincidence, but the character looked the same as the one he used in his previous salem story, wich you can read on his site. I wasn't sure though and hesitated on what to do. He trolled around, we newbed around and discussed what to do. In the end we killed hime. I'm sure it will be a great chapter in his story.

The end

What to say? Dead is dead. I log on and see i'm not there. I log on to the forums and see what has transpired. I wish i had seen it and atleast gotten a chanche to fight hime and let my character go out with some honour. I think i deserved that. But it wasn't to be.

Anyway, i regret nothing. It was a great month, and i had more fun then i probably would have ever had if i played alone. In the meanwhile some of us have gotten invitations from all kind of towns. I really appreciate them all, and all of them have appeal for one or more reasons. Darwoth, obviously i can't trust you anymore, but i don't dislike you for it. It's a permadeath game, and this is how things go. If you can't handle it, you shouldn't play it. I hope to meet you in game again someday, under my knife ¦]
Tijl

Postby CoS » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:03 pm

Darwoth wrote:everyone i know from darkfall that played it quit within the first month.

If you forgot your good ol' friends... (Yeah, yeah, i know, you never had any friends. But "good ol' enemy" sounds weird. So.) If you forgot your good ol' friends - it doesn't mean they forgot you. And now i had to play all this no-gameplay-crap just to see how's you doing - and to hear that you forgot me?! All others were too tiny, miserable, pathetic to earn your attention which is always focused on your own! But - ME?! You're breaking my heart... Oh, it wasn't you, sorry. It was that waitress many years ago.

I just started to think that you lost something. Begun too old. Too scared to loose all and to start over again. DF2 is a real ****, sad to say XD but i still play it, 'cause there's no really exciting *****'-nightmare-hardcore games at this moment and i wander if they'll ever come. Salem is not a game at all, sorry. Just a raw piece of sh... meat, that rather will rot than be roasted.

Anyway, in case you forgot me, from Russia with "don'*****" - poka, huylo XD

I am the one behind the scenes
That orchestrates and builds the screams
The one that brings the frights to life
And yet I go unseen

I'm the master of this monsterous clan
I have the vision and the plan
I toil away for just one night
And yet I go unseen

I see the monsters in my head
I share with you the living dead
I am the star on Halloween
And yet I go unseen

The work I do is all for free
A scary gift to you from me
Your joy says "paid in full" to me
And yet I go unseen

So if you like all that you see
Look at my yard and smile at me
And in my heart the joy will beam
And I'll remain unseen.
CoS

Postby Darwoth » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:35 am

would be a lot easier to know what you mean if you just told me who you were in DF =P
Darwoth

Postby Binks » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:01 am

Darwoth you are a ***** with a capital D.
Binks

Postby Darwoth » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:09 am

Tijl wrote: stuff

everyone seems to think i was supposed to help them build their newb hovels, this is the ridiculous mentality that led to saying ***** it and killing everyone, i provided a town that was already built with all of the infrastructure in place do do whatever folks needed, i provided both bells and i provided the deterrent that kept folks from killing all of you on the first day.

why the ***** is it my responsibility to log on and churn clay or dig plots with a bunch of newbs that i already gave one of the most developed towns on the server situated in an ideal spot to? seriously? :lol: :lol:

sorry, i moved past that stage a year ago.

i told everyone from the beginning my role was to be a subdued one and primarily was to keep the peace at the town, and organize events for the town when the memberbase was ready for it, it is not my job to do yet MORE **** for all of you.

and yes, i saw your numerous conversations about setting up your own town bells and so on in village chat from an alt that nobody knew was mine, this among a hundred other things was yet another drop in the bucket and one of the reasons you were one of the first to be killed. the town was not a recruitment center for you to come in and undermine the town with your suggestions that i was going to kill everyone so that your stupid ass could **** on my own efforts and drag all of the newbs to whatever town you decided to make.
Last edited by Darwoth on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:11 am

Binks wrote:Darwoth you are a ***** with a capital D.

thats what samhell said!
Darwoth

Postby Tijl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:03 am

why the ***** is it my responsibility to log on and churn clay or dig plots with a bunch of newbs that i already gave one of the most developed towns on the server situated in an ideal spot to? seriously?

Hey, don't tell me. i agree, it wasn't your responsibility. Infact, i told people on several occasions to stop annoying you with tedious nonsense, because it would only annoy you. I mean, someone actually asked you to come kill snakes? Really...? God... Outside of asking you to slot an item once, because you offered it in the town service, i never asked you to do anything. But that to i didn't do anymore because i figured ten people doing that all the time would piss you off even faster. And as you know, i gave you information on some things i found also. By more active i mean just being online talking about some random things. You know, like a leader, or just human :P I didn't mean, "Dig me a hole Darwoth!" :lol:

The town was not a recruitment center for you to come in and undermine the town with your suggestions that i was going to kill everyone

That was not why i joined at all, and you know it :P It was only after i knew for sure you were going to do it i started planning on it. Don't turn this treason around now :lol:

Oh, and ofcourse i saw the ??? member on the bell to, i just thought that one was to obvious to even be worth a mention. Darwoth secretly keeping an eye on us in town? Just *Shocked*
Tijl

Postby Darwoth » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:25 am

as i told everyone numerous times before summer is a busy time for me, likewise i have a lot of maintenance on my own **** to take care of, also i like to get to play the game myself you know and periodically get drawn into things on roanoke when claeyt opens his piehole and reminds me about that server so i spent a week over there harassing people, i did not get a chance to interact with most of you in a significant way because a month later virtually everyone was still unable to develop a character i could really do anything with, had high hopes and ambitions for the town. not because i needed people to do anything, but because i thought it would be generally fun to make videos of a bunch of people fighting, or to make a 100 stat fighter (so it would be fair) and lead an army of 50 - 70 stat newbs against the pirates newbs etc.

had numerous games planned out that would of been fun for everyone, deerball, kill the newb, a chief tard loot pinata, boat wars in the safety of jamestown harbor, a salem version of a ninja warrior course and so on.

unfortunately people needed my constant presence to feel reassured and keep their morale up, which i was unable and unwilling to provide. the idea from the beginning was "ok here is everything you need on a silver platter, including security from raiders. make a character and get set up, we will be doing fun stuff once everyone has"

instead the town turned into a lobby at a welfare office and a bunch of ***** thinking i should stop what im doing to kill snakes. or investigate that someone took worms and didn't give them to someone else, or that a nail went missing from a publi crate. i even let you all keep the 40% humus you found at my old base. specifically told you to not waste it because you could make it stretch and do much with it.

yesterday i see what doomageddon did with his 20ish pieces, a few bags of 30% oatmeal. yeah. ***** moron, 20 pieces of mid 40% green humus would have been enough for me to make a 350 stat character in a week, if you all had planted a couple of fields and then as a town made a mass effort at liming the **** out of them with lime alts the entire ***** town could have had characters in the 150 stat range from that. also see the worms he was supposed to give you, he had a half dozen of them, you got two.

the night before i killed folks off i log on real quick interupting my dinner to block doomageddons gate since he left it open for the 500th time and somehow got himself stuck in a knock out loop again, rune logs on.

"hey whats up"
"not much, just saving ***** again. didnt close his gate as usual.
"lol"
"ok done, catch you later was just on for a second to do that, i have dinner and a blowjob to get back to"

"hey thor is online, want to get him set up?"

lol, are you ***** kidding me?

**** like that is what pisses me off, and after killing everyone and i started digging through the town i uncovered more and more annoying and/or dishonest ***** like the above reassuring me that the decision to kill everybody was the correct one.
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to The Colonial Charter