A new era of prosperity on jamestown

Existing groups and towns recruit here.

Re: A new era of prosperity on jamestown

Postby Cheena » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:31 pm

Fishes on the reeds and lavender bluets. I'm 11 YB and that was really, really easy. Crickets and rabbits are not my neighbors anymore... Just follow this man : http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2020&p=23269#p23269 then you'll be a more confident noob. :mrgreen:
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby jwhitehorn » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:32 pm

Darwoth wrote:yes, i am sure that a better name could have been thought up but at the end of the day that is what i named it months ago and i do not feel like building a new bell and authority objects just to make a better name :lol:

Great foreshadowing on the outcome of this city. The residents are not even worth 2500 silver :).

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Ass_Kraken » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:33 pm

Darwoth wrote:i have already thought of an interesting salem variation of a football game :lol: .

I love football!

¦]
Ass_Kraken

Postby nico54k9 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:36 pm

Since it is now open and ready for first settlers, will you pm us the directions or something on how to get there? I'm currently chillin around western darkness but no idea where to go from there :P
nico54k9

Postby RuneNL » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:54 pm

nico54k9 wrote:Since it is now open and ready for first settlers, will you pm us the directions or something on how to get there? I'm currently chillin around western darkness but no idea where to go from there :P

Darwoth wrote:anyhow the town is now fully ready for people to move in, i however am not as a bunch of sudden **** cropped up this week and i want to make sure that i am around a lot at the beginning of the towns opening to ensure that things go smoothly.

so, to that end, THE OPENING OF THE TOWN WILL BE THIS COMING FRIDAY

i will make sure that i am available for invites and plot placement all through friday...
RuneNL

Postby nico54k9 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:56 pm

Fair enough, guess that was a pretty noob question then haha
nico54k9

Postby Tijl » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:14 pm

I am just wondering about the 25x25 spacing a bit. At the moment i have 20x40 tiles of room inside my walls and it's already getting really cramped.

Is there going to be a more central area for stuff like kilns, bread ovens, workbenches, etc...? Because i can't imagine getting all of that inside a 25x25 area, and still have room left for my farms and storage space. Especially not condering the room the wall and brazier line will take away... It basicly only leaves 20x20 or 21x21 zone to work with. Not very big at all.

I also wonder about timber piles. Don't these things need a lot of room and no activity near them? Is this all foreseen in the plans? I'm not looking forward to get 90% moldy boards...
Tijl

Postby Ass_Kraken » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:25 pm

Tijl wrote:Is there going to be a more central area for stuff like kilns, bread ovens, workbenches, etc...?

Yes.
Ass_Kraken

Postby iamah » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:25 pm

I think Darwoth is suffering from the same perspective as the devs. You known, he's rich, he can do everything he wants, the game is exciting to them.

Here's a regular player perspective: every mechanic is a torture. Hunt 11 crickets for what, 40s? Every one of those crickets is a pain to hunt down. And you still need to eat while you hunt. Sell stuff without a safe trading option? Another surreal mechanic. Have to use a forum to be able to sell something remotely safely? Really?

So yeah, at 630, for a 25x piece of land, in a game where every minute feels like 1 hour of gameplay, it's a hell to ask for. I'll be playing other stuff until some good update comes about.
iamah

Postby Darwoth » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Tijl wrote:
Is there going to be a more central area for stuff like kilns, bread ovens, workbenches, etc...?

yes, the entire town center is for general production tools among other things and with the exception of a few ovens most of it is already in place. you can build your own on your plot or use those ones.

the 25x25 plot restrictions are just for now while we see how things pan out, i am fully aware some folks will eventually need more than that and we will cross that bridge when we get to it. but 90% of the playerbase has a small plot less than 25x25 (i used a plot about that big the majority of the time i have played) so i do not want to have areas of 50x50 cordoned off when most of that will be unused dead space as it just adds unneeded sprawl that becomes harder and harder to defend.
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to The Colonial Charter