A new era of prosperity on jamestown

Existing groups and towns recruit here.

Re: A new era of prosperity on jamestown

Postby Darwoth » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Specteo wrote:hey am i able to join your town? i've stopped playing 4 months ago due some russians threathend me for money, but since a week i joinen in again in jamestown. i was building my own HS when i heared it was safer to join a VClaim. Mary Jane (player) told me to ask you if i could join your village.

some information about myself:

boy, 17 year, dutch, played allot of salem and H&H.

I hope i can assist ur village and to grow my self.

so long as you abide by the easy to follow rules then yes. send me a private message.

i have over 30 private message in my box atm guys so it will take me a bit to get to all of them. answers to common questions though are as follows.

1> plot size will be 25x25, more than enough room for most people since you dont have to waste any for industry buildings, if you grow to a point of needing more than that we will work something out when the time comes, whether it be adding a neighboring a plot, or a second larger plot where one can fit.

2> town will be launching later THIS WEEK to the first settlers list so that they can get settled in first, i will be letting in new waves of people every few days to a week after that.

3> town will consist of two claims as outlined by darnok to keep intra town griefing by trolls to a minimum, you just need to build a fence around your property to keep all your stuff safe. though if you would like to build braziers for extra protection that would be a bonus.

4> MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SETTLING AND ENOUGH SILVER FOR A PLOT, it is not a requirement as i understand people need to get started, however until you have settling so you can make a plot you will have to live out of one of the public lean to's and will only be able to safeguard 2 boxes of stuff in your lean to.
Darwoth

Postby Cheena » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:50 pm

I'm still a noob but I'll make my best to rise my char as much as I can, so when (if) i'll get into the village I won't be such a pain in the ass for it.
I hope with all my heart that you won't betrail us, so I could laugh and laugh thinking about the Chief and his stupid warnings. Just to know that you'd make him wrong would make me happy.

Anyway, this project is actually huge and awesome. I really hope this will work. You seem to have everything needed to be a leader, and I'd like to see this game raised thanks to people with projects like this.

(And yes, the "join or die" seems to me to be a necessity to make it become a huge thing. There is not enough people here (for now) to allow others town to "steal" potential members from this project.)
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby Darwoth » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:56 pm

eventually as the population grows and the highway to jamestown is constructed the "join or die" requirement will be done away (however like you said, for now it is the only way to drum up enough members) with and i will encourage anyone who wishes to make their own sattelite settlements along/near the highway to do so, as things like carts, horses and so on are added to the game i think this will be a unique setup apart from what the other servers have allowing faster trading and response times to attacks.
Darwoth

Postby RonPaulFTW » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:54 am

Darwoth wrote:eventually as the population grows and the highway to jamestown is constructed the "join or die" requirement will be done away (however like you said, for now it is the only way to drum up enough members) with and i will encourage anyone who wishes to make their own sattelite settlements along/near the highway to do so, as things like carts, horses and so on are added to the game i think this will be a unique setup apart from what the other servers have allowing faster trading and response times to attacks.

I'm looking forward to building the road oddly enough. I wonder how many griefers it will attract.
RonPaulFTW

Postby DarkNacht » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:53 am

RonPaulFTW wrote:
Darwoth wrote:eventually as the population grows and the highway to jamestown is constructed the "join or die" requirement will be done away (however like you said, for now it is the only way to drum up enough members) with and i will encourage anyone who wishes to make their own sattelite settlements along/near the highway to do so, as things like carts, horses and so on are added to the game i think this will be a unique setup apart from what the other servers have allowing faster trading and response times to attacks.

I'm looking forward to building the road oddly enough. I wonder how many griefers it will attract.

That will be a big problem unless Darwoth has the money to claim the entire thing or can get more people to build it than want to wreck it.
DarkNacht

Postby Darwoth » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:05 am

it shouldn't be a problem, only a total retard would think they were actually doing something by spending MORE time unpaving a road than was spent paving it =P

if it becomes a problem though with that or any other building projects we think up i am sure we can figure out a way to deal with it in one way or another all the way down to me just claiming the entire road which can be done if needed.
Darwoth

Postby Cheena » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:22 am

I have no doubt that some people will just pick the pavement as a stone mine. But well, that's why we have road responsibles in real life I guess, until we find out how to build roads with tar and asphalt.
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby RuneNL » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:24 am

Cheena wrote:I have no doubt that some people will just pick the pavement as a stone mine. But well, that's why we have road responsibles in real life I guess, until we find out how to build roads with tar and asphalt.

I am sure they will pay for the dammages to Darwoths road. They will be found.
RuneNL

Postby nico54k9 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:33 am

so how is the progress of the town darwoth? nearly done? :)

ps. im not seeing how we would catch a culprit if they trashed the road
nico54k9

Postby jwhitehorn » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:43 am

nico54k9 wrote:ps. im not seeing how we would catch a culprit if they trashed the road

You wouldn't.

Chief PeePookaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

PreviousNext

Return to The Colonial Charter