A new era of prosperity on jamestown

Existing groups and towns recruit here.

Re: A new era of prosperity on jamestown

Postby nico54k9 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:20 pm

Also, what happens when lime deposit is all used up from farming/iron?
nico54k9

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:23 pm

nico54k9 wrote:Also, what happens when lime deposit is all used up from farming/iron?

All of the lime deposits on the sever? I've seen some fairly large ones, so that seems unlikely.
DarkNacht

Postby Claeyt » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:39 pm

nico54k9 wrote:Also, what happens when lime deposit is all used up from farming/iron?

There are sooo many lime deposits on the map. We haven't even used up 5% of what's out there. Even some of the huge towns next to giant lime pits haven't used them up. If you're worried about it make a lime alt with quarrying and port it through town.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Specteo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:40 am

ok i sended a PM, but i geuss like u said it would take some time.

until then thanks for your time
Specteo

Postby Darwoth » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:32 pm

the town is now ready for the first dozen settlers.

the town layout is as follows.

"Darwoth forest" is the town center, and the bell you will all be citizens of. it is an old conquest town of mine from a large group of roleplayers that built an aesthetically pleasing town early on in the server and it is in an ideal location for newbs, so that is the one we will use.

yes, i am sure that a better name could have been thought up but at the end of the day that is what i named it months ago and i do not feel like building a new bell and authority objects just to make a better name :lol:

on the outskirts of Darwoth forest is the first of several "districts", district one is currently up. each district will house between 8 - 12 25x25 personal plots/players spaced far enough apart that you can not break into each others **** with splash damage.

when you are invited to the town you will first be invited to your relevant districts town bell so that you can place your plot, once your plot has been placed you will be removed from the district bell and then reinvited to the town centers bell. this setup will help prevent retards from trying to grief the town by expanding their plots over large swaths of space or trying to steal from other townmembers as once they are removed from the district bell the plot can not be expanded any further nor will they be able to commit waste against your property unless you give them permissions.

THIS MEANS THAT IN ORDER TO JOIN THE TOWN BEYOND LIVING OUT OF A PUBLIC LEAN TO THAT IS OPEN TO GRIEFING YOU NEED SETTLING AND ENOUGH SILVER FOR A DEED + 25x25 plot

anyhow the town is now fully ready for people to move in, i however am not as a bunch of sudden **** cropped up this week and i want to make sure that i am around a lot at the beginning of the towns opening to ensure that things go smoothly.

so, to that end, THE OPENING OF THE TOWN WILL BE THIS COMING FRIDAY

i will make sure that i am available for invites and plot placement all through friday, this gives all of you that have expressed a desire to join almost an entire week to gather the paltry few hundred silver + basic skills you need, if you are unable to do this it means you are a ***** and unfit to join the town anyway. currently we are slated to recieve 27 citizens, i am dubious at best that all of those people will show up in a real capacity but even if half do we already have the largest town on the server and will only grow from there. expect frequent events once things are settled. i have already thought of an interesting salem variation of a football game :lol: .

with regards to the road it will be difficult to stop folks with nothing better to do from trying to grief it, but it does not really matter since if they dig up a stone the road is still there. it is just a dirt road instead of a paved road in that given spot, no big deal. maybe we will just make a dirt road anyway for starters, would be a lot easier and faster.
Darwoth

Postby Specteo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:42 pm

how much is a 25x25 plot then? it is 150 for the deed but what are the costs of a full 25x25 plot?
Specteo

Postby Darwoth » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:53 pm

i believe it is 630 silver
Darwoth

Postby Specteo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:50 pm

ouch, i have 300s not enough for u full space :( would it be possible if i could rent some money then? with ofcourse some % rent for you
Specteo

Postby Darwoth » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:00 pm

you can live out of one of the public lean to's until you do have enough, but really by friday if you even half tried you could have enough easily. get indian tracking and find some arrowheads/feathers for charms, sell some dried beaver or bear hides, kill some crickets, collect a couple loads of hay, steal someones cotton etc =P
Darwoth

Postby Specteo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:07 pm

yeah i know how to get money. but my YB is still 6 so crickets or other animals are out of the park. i could search for feathers and arrowheads though
Specteo

PreviousNext

Return to The Colonial Charter