Derails

The place where bad threads go to die.

Re: important PSA (public salem announcement)

Postby Heffernan » Mon May 01, 2017 10:29 am

Judaism wrote:Salem never used to have TBF's for the warning indicators, TBC's for the relative easy justice, Stockades for the insanely easy annoyance, those insane type of walls such as brick/steel, maximum soak values of only 2x the speed, regardless of your phlegm, defensive structures such as mortars, liftable braziers. The crime in general has been punished harder by improving the blackbile it takes per single crime/act and the drainage of the Pclaims have been tripled, now people obviously abuse it because why shoudn't they ?

Like all these things you guys have taken for granted is not how Salem originally was for a very long time. How can you possibly enjoy a game which has no dynamic changes at all and where there is no thrill of logging into your account to see your main character not on the list, or to see your entire base be demolished to the ground including every single object ''suspects'' as they were called.

it all depends on the view, if it takes you months or years to build up a defense you should never login to see anything gone so even if its changed raiding a good base should still take days or weeks depending on activity and defense levels.
Heffernan

Postby Heffernan » Mon May 01, 2017 10:42 am

MaxPlanck wrote:It doesn't take months/years to build a good defense. Its a matter of devoting all your salem time to building only in that a big defense can be done in a week or two rather than non-defensive related tasks that are usually done over building defenses.

the more time you invest into defense the harder it should be for anyone to raid you.
Heffernan

Postby Dallane » Mon May 01, 2017 10:47 am

Heffernan wrote:
Judaism wrote:Salem never used to have TBF's for the warning indicators, TBC's for the relative easy justice, Stockades for the insanely easy annoyance, those insane type of walls such as brick/steel, maximum soak values of only 2x the speed, regardless of your phlegm, defensive structures such as mortars, liftable braziers. The crime in general has been punished harder by improving the blackbile it takes per single crime/act and the drainage of the Pclaims have been tripled, now people obviously abuse it because why shoudn't they ?

Like all these things you guys have taken for granted is not how Salem originally was for a very long time. How can you possibly enjoy a game which has no dynamic changes at all and where there is no thrill of logging into your account to see your main character not on the list, or to see your entire base be demolished to the ground including every single object ''suspects'' as they were called.

it all depends on the view, if it takes you months or years to build up a defense you should never login to see anything gone so even if its changed raiding a good base should still take days or weeks depending on activity and defense levels.

ACTIVE defense should be like this yes and thats how it was for awhile. This however is build a bunch of walls and braziers then throw a massive claim on top now you can chill with zero worries. Its not how the game was designed. This is a pvp game. It has to be balanced better for raiding. The game was designed with raiding/pvp being the biggest driving factor yet no one wants to do it because it blows. Waiting for a claim to lose silver is just retarded and not actual raiding.

Watching your character beat on a wall for 8+ hours with just bashing time on ONE wall is just retarded. Bashing a wall without anyone active is rough enough then you factor in people repairing and braziers firing on you, mortars and if someone is ballsy enough to leave the walls then you are looking at a 3rd job. 2nd job being the nonactive bashing.

Making a town isn't that hard at all and hardly takes the months that people claim.

Bottom line is having a base that takes days or weeks to break into is not good game design and has driven off a majority of the pvp community here
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Mon May 01, 2017 10:51 am

Dallane wrote:Bottom line is having a base that takes days or weeks to break into is not good game design and has driven off a majority of the pvp community here

pclaim can be fixed to have less drain or no drain (but still activate crime) but i dont see how Bashing... for example.. 16 walls shouldnt take days or weeks
Heffernan

Postby Judaism » Mon May 01, 2017 10:52 am

Heffernan wrote:it all depends on the view, if it takes you months or years to build up a defense you should never login to see anything gone so even if its changed raiding a good base should still take days or weeks depending on activity and defense levels.

Nothing should be granted in this game, just because someone spend hundreds of hours into his base does not mean that it should take hundreds of hours to raid this base. Obviously it should be harder but at a point there also should be a hardcap of how difficult a base can be breached. Items and valuables have to flow in this game, that is what makes rares special and that is why not everyone entirely relies upon buying store products, there should be other means.

Actively defending obviously should be possible, however a raider also should be able to take over parts of a base gradually, the current pclaims prevent that from being possible. Regarding the loot, a better lockdown system needs to be in play. The 1000x1000 lockdown system does not work in any way, with the duration raids take now it is impossible to lockdown any base (even when you do a FULL donut town). If you decide to get your valuables out, then that has to be risky. Simply destroying all valuables should be way more common.

Back in the days when there only were stone walls and where you would do 5% per tick, Mushibag still managed to succesfully defend his entire base from the MM tribe for many days in a row. It just required you to be super active, have proper characters ready to defend and repair. You would run risks with those characters even in a defending situation.

Before the wipe we raided multiple bases and since little mattered at that stage, numerous people stated that raiding at that point was far too difficult. Any of those raids are laughable with today's perspective, imagine what all those people would think of Salem in its current form, it really is pathetic. I never was a hardcore raider and I lost my bases and characters almost on a monthly basis and right now I am one of the last few remaining that wishes for an entire different system. Bear in mind, I always used to be very mild compared to the average forum poster back then.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Dallane » Mon May 01, 2017 11:05 am

Heffernan wrote:pclaim can be fixed to have less drain or no drain (but still activate crime) but i dont see how Bashing... for example.. 16 walls shouldnt take days or weeks

I never said raiding should easy but it shouldn't take 8 straight hours of just bashing to get through ONE wall. Thats just insane. You aren't just suddenly waking up to people raiding you. You have a entire ***** day to see that someone may or may not try. You are more than enough time to get your **** together and form a defense.

We both know what I'm saying is true but you are too much of a ***** to admit it since you have been carebearing in the same spot for the last 2 years. We both know no one is going to try and raid that place for the simple fact that someone will have to take time off work/school for the next week or more to get in there. That is extremely flawed and bad mechanics.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Mon May 01, 2017 11:18 am

Dallane wrote:
Heffernan wrote:pclaim can be fixed to have less drain or no drain (but still activate crime) but i dont see how Bashing... for example.. 16 walls shouldnt take days or weeks

I never said raiding should easy but it shouldn't take 8 straight hours of just bashing to get through ONE wall. Thats just insane. You aren't just suddenly waking up to people raiding you. You have a entire ***** day to see that someone may or may not try. You are more than enough time to get your **** together and form a defense.

We both know what I'm saying is true but you are too much of a ***** to admit it since you have been carebearing in the same spot for the last 2 years. We both know no one is going to try and raid that place for the simple fact that someone will have to take time off work/school for the next week or more to get in there. That is extremely flawed and bad mechanics.

let me give you a small example.

even if they fixed drain on claim if the claim goes over defense you cant drain Braziers or Torchposts thus if u have enough Defense (like i have in the middle defense row 100+ objects shooting at you at the same time wich cost a good load to produce) it currently does take like 10+ days to raid (not taking into consideration getting alot of criticals or someone active defending) even just the stonewall , sure thats alot but were not talking about a noob player that has a stonewall and 2-3 torchposts, were talking about 2500+ torchposts wich DOES need preparation like 10+ ppl attacking with multiple chars each and a raidbase, multiple combat chars etc..

the only problem i see are getting TbCd after wards aka the reason many ppl refuse to do crime, and the low playerbase with broken mechanics, bugs and a inactive developer, the broken pclaim is jutst a small part into that.
Heffernan

Postby Nsuidara » Mon May 01, 2017 12:04 pm

Hopeless discussion, everyone have self right and def. this rights...

You talking about raid/pvp.
- build Town no need time ? ERROR, build Town need BIG investment about material, silvers, time
Green tard, said NO, no need... when you build last town ?
material - It depends, what player new ? person who lose all ? or person who have alts ? (many players play by one character - it's mistake)
example, lards, leather, wrought, steel - isn't easy think

so, what need raiders ?
build pclaim, only stones walls + TBF, two houses...
easy prepare, easy made...

defense Town, need Long Range Mortals or alt ~150 phelgm biles ? for destroy this TBF + lose alt
// many people play by one character...

BUT Salem have more bad think/mechanic...
- wall & splash, not mean about splash made by enemy... but when owner try destroy walls
- time destroy walls by owner - it's joke ? why owner need phelgm and time for destroy ?
this mechanic made, people care about self pTown... because fix, resize, or change design base it's HARD!!! more then RAID!

ONE MORE, you talk about raid.
I'm not agree about good def. town be raid by one person... if you wanna raid Darwoth, Heff.. 600k pclaim... made group, prepare and go raid...

i agree this game is about pvp and raids... but not 1v1, or 1 person raid TOWN... NO NO NO... this game isn't single player or 1v1 math game.
it's MMO... you need something co-op with other and take... but this game have problem how show us Phopan, people can't co-op :)
\(*o*)\ Praying in the JC Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/

Marketplace APP
Calculator Sets
Shop by Nsuidara
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Dallane » Mon May 01, 2017 12:24 pm

Nsuidara wrote:Hopeless discussion, everyone have self right and def. this rights...

You talking about raid/pvp.
- build Town no need time ? ERROR, build Town need BIG investment about material, silvers, time
Green tard, said NO, no need... when you build last town ?
material - It depends, what player new ? person who lose all ? or person who have alts ? (many players play by one character - it's mistake)
example, lards, leather, wrought, steel - isn't easy think

If you spent more than a few days to a week with a basic foundation to a town then you have downs. New people ignore that statement as you are still learning.

I build towns often enough to know you are a idiot. There is almost zero investment and time in them. If you goal is to dig deep in a mine then yea there will be weeks of digging or cooking black rock. Fields will also be a investment but those are just small things in a very big picture. If you play with multiple people then the time to set up and get stuff going goes WAY down. Playing solo and trying to be a jack of all trades will also be a bigger time investment but no one is really going to raid solo people now are they? Not with the time and resource investment that it takes for raiding. Raiders have to go for the big hits to make it worth anything. At no time have I said that people should be able to just roll up into a town and destroy everything. Which apparently people think can still happen? Getting raided now isn't the end of your base. Everything lost is easy to rebuild.

What does having alts have anything to do with this thread?

Lards -easy as ***** to get
leather - even easier
wrought - maybe one of the easiest to get in game
steel - is the only challenge since most people will have to look up how to do it. even then its a waiting game.

Nsuidara wrote:so, what need raiders ?
build pclaim, only stones walls + TBF, two houses...
easy prepare, easy made...

This is where everyone knows you have no clue wtf you are talking about and have lost any credibility in talking about pvp.

Nsuidara wrote:defense Town, need Long Range Mortals or alt ~150 phelgm biles ? for destroy this TBF + lose alt
// many people play by one character...

You need to get on meds.

Nsuidara wrote:BUT Salem have more bad think/mechanic...
- wall & splash, not mean about splash made by enemy... but when owner try destroy walls
- time destroy walls by owner - it's joke ? why owner need phelgm and time for destroy ?
this mechanic made, people care about self pTown... because fix, resize, or change design base it's HARD!!! more then RAID!

lord plz help this bumbling idiot

Nsuidara wrote:ONE MORE, you talk about raid.
I'm not agree about good def. town be raid by one person... if you wanna raid Darwoth, Heff.. 600k pclaim... made group, prepare and go raid...

It's easy to say GO RAID HIM. Yet you have no idea the time commitment that would be required. When was the last time you even tried to break into a place with a stone wall? The fact the a stone wall and torch post will keep 90% of people away from your base is just bad.

Nsuidara wrote:i agree this game is about pvp and raids... but not 1v1, or 1 person raid TOWN... NO NO NO... this game isn't single player or 1v1 math game.
it's MMO... you need something co-op with other and take... but this game have problem how show us Phopan, people can't co-op :)

Never once did I say that raiding is a solo activity but that shouldn't be a factor in raiding at all. You do not in fact need a group of people to be successful. Darwoth has been dominating solo for the last 5 years. He single handedly won the server and kept it open long enough to reap the rewards to the fullest extent possible. There are many people who play solo with zero issues.

Thats the beauty of this game. You can be amazing at pvp and kill 1 to 3 or more with skill alone. People ***** and moan about titans but have no clue biles don't mean **** with how many equalizers are in this game and the fact that if you are good at combat you will roll almost anyone.

Dallane

Postby Nsuidara » Mon May 01, 2017 12:39 pm

@Dallane, I didn't talk to you... >_> IF you can't even normal talk or quote to me - stop quote to me, pls...
I expressed my general opinion, and each will be def. self right - i'm not will continue this hopeless discussion.
\(*o*)\ Praying in the JC Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/

Marketplace APP
Calculator Sets
Shop by Nsuidara
Nsuidara
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Valley of Hinnom