Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Remove Permadeath

Postby Voltaire1512 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:23 am

What the title says.
Voltaire1512

Re: Remove Permadeath

Postby Orcling » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:54 am

Voltaire1512 wrote:What the title says.

I don't think you're a very smart person.
Orcling

Postby HasseKebab » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:47 am

HasseKebab

Postby nonsonogiucas » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:53 am

Orcling wrote:

I don't think you're a very smart person.

I personally dislike offensive or overly harsh criticism so I'll try to mediate for the sake of I&I *:

The "About" page of Salem website states that The game features permadeath as one of its main ingredients.
So, even if the game is not exactly "finished", to the extent that said page is not even easy to read because of lines of text being somewhat obscured by the background, Permadeath is accepted as a core feature.

The issue of how the gameplay would change with the removal or mitigation of Permadeath has been address a number of times on this forum.
For example you could read this thread or this thread.

It comes naturally then that the way you made your request, without even caring to articulate your opinion on the mechanic, is not going to attract a lot of sympathy.

Also given the somewhat "overly frank" way of treating each other that is so popular among the members of the community, personal offense is likely to be the main type of response you are going to achieve.

(*) To moderators: wouldn't it advisable to do something about "this kind" of situation?
Since it is likely that the number of players will increase because of the hype generated by recent events it is only to be expected an increase in I&I re-posts...
Some kind of rule specific to I&I could maybe help?
Further explanations on the purpose of the I&I board?
I was lucky...
nonsonogiucas

Postby vienradzis » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:34 pm

nonsonogiucas wrote:

(*) To moderators: wouldn't it advisable to do something about "this kind" of situation?
Since it is likely that the number of players will increase because of the hype generated by recent events it is only to be expected an increase in I&I re-posts...
Some kind of rule specific to I&I could maybe help?
Further explanations on the purpose of the I&I board?

Yeah it would be nice. Then you didnt post topic after each **** youtube video you watch.
vienradzis

Postby Dallane » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:55 pm

LOL

Now get out.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:53 pm

Never.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Icon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:13 pm

You should wait till this has about 5 pages of people lol'ing and telling him to gtfo, then sticky it for the next person who can't handle the permadeath aspect. Hell even the Sims had permadeath
Icon

Postby Thor » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Dallane wrote:
LOL

Now get out.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby nonsonogiucas » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:55 pm

Icon wrote:You should wait till this has about 5 pages of people lol'ing and telling him to gtfo, then sticky it for the next person who can't handle the permadeath aspect. Hell even the Sims had permadeath

A mod-maintained sticky list of things that don't need be proposed would be a very nice addition to the forum... but I think would ruin the sport to someone. Noob hunting is, after all, another core feature of the game :P
I was lucky...
nonsonogiucas

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations