Brewery, beverages and their effects

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Brewery, beverages and their effects

Postby thl111 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:15 am

There are several threads suggesting about beverages in Salem so here I take the liberty to mention about types and effects. What I have in mind are cider (or hard cider), rum, beer/ale, potato spirit and coffee or tea. Now that tea, coffee and sugarcane can't be cultivated in North America, I suggest them as imported goods and obtained from the Company. Prices are up to devs but I think of something reasonable for mass production. While cider , potato spirit and beer/ale can be made easily when forestry is implemented and new crops introduced. For their effects, I am thinking of :
Tea and coffee give a small boost to study rate and work rate as well as the drain of phlegm while working would be lessened a bit.
Rum would give a boost on combat, shall we imagine a berserker pumped full of vicious rum :P. A 5-10% bonus of total damage/blood for 3 minutes but with a slight drain of BB. After all, people obviously don't think much when rushing at others stark naked and shouting " zrkrrrghntk!!", now do they?
Cider and beer/ale should be considered as pleasant drinks so players can walk faster and they have certain gluttony points as well. Perhaps on phlegm and blood but only work when having with proper food.
Potato spirit is one beverage I haven't figured the effects so if anyone has ideas, feel free to suggest.

Also, drinking alcohol will have stages :
A toast : a bonus stage when players receive boost from certain beverage (unstackable)
Tipsy : no negative effects but character's movement will be unpredictable and slightly hard to control.
Merrily drunk : Move with great difficulty, character has tendency to stand still for a while.
Drunk/plastered : Drains on BB and phlegm until character falls flat on the face and remain unconscious for 2 minutes.
These negative stages don't start according to the number of glasses players drink but shall depend on individual's phlegm with a 5-10% random chance on merrily drunk and drunk stage to happen so players won't abuse it and have to gauge the "ability to hold their drinks" :D.

To brewery, as in H&H, players only need a pressing machine, barrels and hot water to make drinks. I'd like to make it more complicated but more convenient in its way with a brewery. It could be an entirely new building, built only by learning humble abodes and art of brewing skills. Also this brewing skill allows building a complex of brewing machinery which can only be placed in brewery. And almost all the beverages mentioned above would be made there. Tea and coffee only need grinding tools, drying tables and hot water.
We make sword stone for keeper and pull they do it and excalibur come out. have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword. -Moniker (Anarchy online)
thl111

Re: Brewery, beverages and their effects

Postby sumofallwars » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:09 am

This really should be in the right thread. since there is one already with many ideas.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=115

Have a look throught it, and add your ideas so we can discuss it in one place.

(having many threads about the same thing is annoying)

Other than that the idea it's self isn't half bad. i don't think distilled drinks where popular in the time/area this game is set in. but i could be wrong.
sumofallwars

Postby milonti » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Do keep this confined to one thread. But that other thread should probably be renamed so we know what it contains. Not exactly an informative title XD
milonti

Postby thl111 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:28 pm

Reposted this on that thread. Mod please lock this one. Thank you.
We make sword stone for keeper and pull they do it and excalibur come out. have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword. -Moniker (Anarchy online)
thl111

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:28 am

thl111 wrote:Reposted this on that thread. Mod please lock this one. Thank you.

Locking at request of OP.

Might be able to merge these as you have a better post and I think should probably be the first one people see. I'll poke Potjeh and Moo about it as they have a bit more experience with this software.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Ideas & Innovations