Burried Treasure!

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Burried Treasure!

Postby Dalorian » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:35 am

Uberness wrote:how about some counter measures to prevent the hoarding this would cause:

dryrot - a chance the items in a wood container could be lost if not dug up in a certain amount of time? shouldn't be too short or theres no reason to bury stuff at all, but shouldn't be too long or theres no point in having the idea.

erosion - when you bury the item after a while it begins to show signs of something being buried there? if dryrot is added also this should be about 3/4 of the time that takes...so if dryrot happens in 60 days erosion would happen in 45, so those last 15 days gives people in the area a chance to find the item before it goes poof.

numbers given are jsut for example, I don't really have a clue what actual numbers on those should be...

Good Idea, I added some of what your talking about to my first post :D
Dalorian

Postby sumofallwars » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:12 am

would it be just metal chests or would barrels/pots work as well?
sumofallwars

Postby Dalorian » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:14 am

sumofallwars wrote:would it be just metal chests or would barrels/pots work as well?

I would assume that both could be used, but perhaps a Metal chest would decay slower.
Dalorian

Postby jorb » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Yeah, that'd be fun, but don't hold your breath. We don't have any sort of good way of storing that kind of data at the moment I'm afraid.
jorb

Postby milonti » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:40 pm

jorb wrote:Yeah, that'd be fun, but don't hold your breath. We don't have any sort of good way of storing that kind of data at the moment I'm afraid.

Can't it get stored the same way as trees and old stumps?
milonti

Postby Dalorian » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:37 am

milonti wrote:
jorb wrote:Yeah, that'd be fun, but don't hold your breath. We don't have any sort of good way of storing that kind of data at the moment I'm afraid.

Can't it get stored the same way as trees and old stumps?

I think if you can shove a Chest either metal or Wood into a stummp, You Deserve to be able to put it there LOL :lol:

EDIT: Lock boxes or smaller chest Designs????
Dalorian

Postby Dallane » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:58 am

Hiding your goods and the map to them on a alt is way to exploitable
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations