Pets

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Pets

Postby Dalorian » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:31 am

Hello all,

Id like to suggest today that Pets be introduced into the game. Perhaps you could tame a wild bear, or breed dogs/wolves and sell the puppies. There are so many possibilities here. I for one think it a great Idea for players to be able to take a dog out with them hunting. Perhaps the Animals could even be leveled up via their own humor type system. Once they die, they are dead though.

The animals could also act as another line of defense for your lands. Why not have 20 wild dogs guarding your mine? Or 5 Wild Bears trained to attack Raiders when they try anything funny.

Warring against other towns would become very much more interesting too. You could start by sending in a wave of Bears to take out or weaken the defences, then a few waves of wild dogs to take out any defenders. Then when they are done, Send in the Men :mrgreen: Of Cource the defenders could also be well protected with pets of their own :twisted:

With the introduction of Moles which can tunnel around and disturb the ground above them; you could try and capture some moles and send them against the towns walls and buildings...

Thanks,

Dalorian
Dalorian

Re: Pets

Postby pedrostr » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:35 am

I love the idea of the pets, but i don't agree with warmongering.

a) Having a friendly dog around us:
- snifing for hidden truffles
- creating truffles hidden underground which we can't see, but a dog could sniff.
- Developing the dog (or our character) so he can get more easily truffles, or better ones
- having the dog just wandering around my settlement, keeping snakes away
- giving orders to the dog (1-follow us 2- attack snake 3- bark to foreigners or not)
- having to feed the dog too

b) Having a friendly Horse (i think this will happen in the future for transportation means)
pedrostr

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:31 pm

pedrostr wrote:b) Having a friendly Horse (i think this will happen in the future for transportation means)

Yes, horses will come. They aren't persistent, which is why they haven't been made available in game.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:51 pm

pedrostr wrote:I love the idea of the pets, but i don't agree with warmongering.

You're in the wrong game then :/
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby pedrostr » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Sevenless wrote:
pedrostr wrote:I love the idea of the pets, but i don't agree with warmongering.

You're in the wrong game then :/

Not a problem. Life goes on. And there's so much of that out there 8-)
pedrostr

Postby Dalorian » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:04 am

How about thuis... Amnimals attack,... If you can knock them out without killig them... you7 then haeve a chane to Domesticate them :-)
Dalorian

Postby Dallane » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:57 am

God i'd love to ride a bear into combat with his bear friends following us.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Return to Ideas & Innovations