Some ideas....

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Some ideas....

Postby Mazavalt » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:30 am

Mereni wrote:

We already have a thing that shoots people attacking walls. It's called a Brazier, or a Torchpost if you're poor.

How a brazier work if may i ask? and how many u can have? obvious u didnt read the wiki. Braziers are USELESS if they are to many. Guards arent
Mazavalt

Postby Dallane » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:09 am

Mazavalt wrote:
Mereni wrote:

We already have a thing that shoots people attacking walls. It's called a Brazier, or a Torchpost if you're poor.

How a brazier work if may i ask? and how many u can have? obvious u didnt read the wiki. Braziers are USELESS if they are to many. Guards arent

You really need to learn how they work b4 wanting to change the system
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Mazavalt » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Dallane wrote:
Mazavalt wrote:
Mereni wrote:

You really need to learn how they work b4 wanting to change the system

I know how they DON'T work. Got robed before wiped twice WITH braziers. With Guards i can have a town without the need of strong walls. I can set the intruder as KOS (kill on sight) and guards will not let intruder to enter my town.
Mazavalt

Postby Mushibag » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:25 pm

Mazavalt wrote:
Dallane wrote:You really need to learn how they work b4 wanting to change the system

I know how they DON'T work. Got robed before wiped twice WITH braziers. With Guards i can have a town without the need of strong walls. I can set the intruder as KOS (kill on sight) and guards will not let intruder to enter my town.

A lot has changed since before wipe... Learn how they work NOW before you say they are useless.
Mushibag

Postby ziyakaz » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Mazavalt wrote:Add rotate button for laptop users.

Have you tried holding both mouse buttons on the trackpad at the same time? That works for me, and I'm on a laptop.
ziyakaz

Postby Mazavalt » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:12 pm

ziyakaz wrote:

Have you tried holding both mouse buttons on the trackpad at the same time? That works for me, and I'm on a laptop.

I did. lol nothing on my old inspiron 6400. Plus seems i can run only official salem not enders. dunno why.
Mazavalt

Postby Champie » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:49 pm

You can try using AutoHotKey to configure keyboard control for things like Camera Rotation and Camera Zoom that traditionally depend on the Middle Mouse Wheel.

Search "AutoHotKey" here in the Salem forums for more discussion
http://forum.salemthegame.com/search.php?keywords=AutoHotKey&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Here is a link to a recent thread with some more info
http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8348&p=108467&hilit=AutoHotKey#p108467
Champie

Postby Mereni » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Mazavalt wrote: obvious u didnt read the wiki.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: *******

Listen to Mushi, braziers and raiding in general have changed drastically, and though we're still not sure of all the details it's looking pretty good for the defender. This NPC guard idea... I'm not sure what you're thinking because your post was very vague, but NPCs in this game are not going to match the combat ability of a human and having something like that instead of braziers would not be to your advantage.
Mereni

Postby Dallane » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Mereni wrote:NPCs in this game are not going to match the combat ability of a human and having something like that instead of braziers would not be to your advantage.

Exactly. Players will lead them away and just kill them off to break down your walls risk free.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Mazavalt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:47 am

Dallane wrote:
Mereni wrote:NPCs in this game are not going to match the combat ability of a human and having something like that instead of braziers would not be to your advantage.

Exactly. Players will lead them away and just kill them off to break down your walls risk free.

My ideea is set to get soldiers as guards and u buy gunpowder musckets and equip ur soldiers with them. After that i wonder how many would dare to raid aka rob the village?
Mazavalt

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations