Few ideas...

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Few ideas...

Postby darnokpl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:40 pm

Peaceful cities should be harder to destroy than simple HV with tons of braziers and people login once per few hours to check is there waste claim.

It could be solved same way as town upkeep works in HnH (or at least as it was working some time ago). When people are leveling up their characters their work is transfered into town protection or civilization (whatever you call it) bar. Of course over time this bar should be decreased just like silver upkeep is right now, so dying towns are going to lose protection.
While town is under waste claim protection bar should be locked and citizens shouldn't be able to increase it and it shouldn't be decreased as long as waste claim is active.
Protection bonus should give additional health to walls, braziers, buildings and even fields and higher bonus should lower town upkeep rate, so more active town pays less silver per week. And higher bonus should also burn faster silver from waste claims totems.
With this simple mechanic HV build only to protect criminals would be easier to raid than towns with many (possible peaceful) people inside, playing every day few hours per day. There should be also some cap how much you can increase protection bar per single day.

----
New patch should add some mechanic for mining, I remember than when roa started some no-lifes was able to find 35% pure iron in few days. It is very wrong imho, purity nodes should be capped by proficiencies and if diferent elements would have matter there should be some mechanic that wouldn't allow single player to change rods and find all elements in single run.

---
I was writing about this, but nobody commented it... I think that raids shouldn't be done at time when raiders wants them, but when defenders are online.
While building town we should be able to pick time range and only during this narrow time period our town can be raided.
Why? Because most of us have to sleep, work, study etc etc but we all wants to have fun and play this game not only few weeks after wipe.

Of course raids should take less time and be more fun. Crime debuff time should be decreased, because we want both sides to fight and have fun not to wait who can play longer without a single break.

------
EDIT:
Town manager, where you can pick what permissions to town claim got selected player, so every new noob wouldn't be able to drop his own claim or build anything anywhere.
Very new people in town shouldn't be able to see town upkeep and list of citizens.
Last edited by darnokpl on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
darnokpl

Re: Few ideas...

Postby Darwoth » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:47 pm

oh god, here comes the endless stream of stupid ideas from darnok and leelee.
Darwoth

Postby naosnule » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:11 pm

Darwoth wrote:oh god, here comes the endless stream of stupid ideas from darnok and leelee.

We are the reason for why you do not quit.
naosnule

Postby Dallane » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Darwoth wrote:oh god, here comes the endless stream of stupid ideas from darnok and leelee.

all day this

HORRIBLE ideas darnok. You clearly have not played this game in over a year.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby darnokpl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:56 pm

I like when intelligent people express constructive criticism :lol:

naosnule wrote:We are the reason for why you do not quit.

Please not here, make in hob thread "Why darwoth is crying, screaming and stomping, but still can't quit salem" or something like that.

Dallane wrote:HORRIBLE ideas darnok. You clearly have not played this game in over a year.

Look at point one :lol:
Let me put this as simple as even you should understand it... explain or go away.
darnokpl

Postby Procne » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:06 pm

So you want a direct bonus to town's defenses when citizens are active. That's very lackluster, boring and unintuitive "solution".

As for the mining and prospecting... it seems broken now. With woo woo wand you can apparently find any purity node.

I was writing about this, but nobody commented it... I think that raids shouldn't be done at time when raiders wants them, but when defenders are online.
While building town we should be able to pick time range and only during this narrow time period our town can be raided.
Why? Because most of us have to sleep, work, study etc etc but we all wants to have fun and play this game not only few weeks after wipe.

You know what would be the price for it? Softening of all defenses. Mushibag's example months ago showed that even a few people can very well actively defend against a much stronger force.
Procne

Postby Dallane » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:13 pm

darnokpl wrote:
Dallane wrote:HORRIBLE ideas darnok. You clearly have not played this game in over a year.

Look at point one :lol:
Let me put this as simple as even you should understand it... explain or go away.

If someone is defending no one will EVER get into the town. Its stupid easy to figure out when the raid is going to happen. Please play the game b4 posting ideas.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby darnokpl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Procne wrote:So you want a direct bonus to town's defenses when citizens are active. That's very lackluster, boring and unintuitive "solution".

Why? I think you missunderstood word "active", I didn't used it as they needs to be online, they just need to login to game and play few hours per day and bonus should work even if whole town will go offline. More active (playing the game each day) towns are more civilized, more civilized town got better protection.

Procne wrote:You know what would be the price for it? Softening of all defenses. Mushibag's example months ago showed that even a few people can very well actively defend against a much stronger force.

Yes, but how many hours he was online during that show?
darnokpl

Postby Procne » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:25 pm

darnokpl wrote:
Procne wrote:So you want a direct bonus to town's defenses when citizens are active. That's very lackluster, boring and unintuitive "solution".

Why? I think you missunderstood word "active", I didn't used it as they needs to be online, they just need to login to game and play few hours per day and bonus should work even if whole town will go offline. More active (playing the game each day) towns are more civilized, more civilized town got better protection.

And that's what I meant. Active as in doing stuff in game, not just being online

Yes, but how many hours he was online during that show?

Like all the time? Either him or other people who helped him defend.
Procne

Postby darnokpl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:26 pm

Dallane wrote:
If someone is defending no one will EVER get into the town. Its stupid easy to figure out when the raid is going to happen. Please play the game b4 posting ideas.

It is possible, just raiders have to get more players or stronger characters?:)
You want game for 3-4 people raiding any town while town citizens are at work or are sleeping and you say that it is clever mechanic?
Please get a life b4 defending broken things.
darnokpl

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations