Army and etc

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Army and etc

Postby Penwith » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:22 am

Potjeh wrote:And they were always killed in cold blood, just like medics.

Not always true. All too often, civilians, enraged by armies tramping their lands and foraging, ambushed or simply murdered soldiers, even those from their own army. When caught, like the farmer who had hidden the bodies of ten French soldiers under a pile of hay in his barn, were executed for their crimes. Whether this were just or unjust is up for debate.

We will and have already seen, similar attitudes and behavior in H&H, apart from murdering friendly defenders, because there does not exist a system of justice aside from killing another player to end the crimnal behavior from that character. Unless towns can eventually build jails/stockades whereby ko'd criminals can be prisoned for days/weeks/months, the sole deterrent to criminal behavior is the threat of being summoned and killed.
Penwith

Postby painhertz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:16 am

I want Tomahawk cruise missiles, or at least tomahawks.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:23 am

painhertz wrote:I want Tomahawk cruise missiles, or at least tomahawks.

A rose by any other name....
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby thl111 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:20 pm

What we need is a pay system for said militia when town mayor creates one. Salary would be drawn from mayor's pocket/ town's upkeep ( choose better option) every day. That would somewhat limit endless wars.
We make sword stone for keeper and pull they do it and excalibur come out. have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword. -Moniker (Anarchy online)
thl111

Postby Sevenless » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:12 am

thl111 wrote:What we need is a pay system for said militia when town mayor creates one. Salary would be drawn from mayor's pocket/ town's upkeep ( choose better option) every day. That would somewhat limit endless wars.

The point of this game is sort of endless wars though.

I'm all for orchestrating better village control schemes within salem though. The real limiter on faction sizing is lack of management tools I honestly believe.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby APXEOLOG » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:06 am

This game allows you to create any system wich you would like to do. But ofc you will need manager.
Simple button or checkbox for everything is too casual.
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations