Army and etc

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Army and etc

Postby Blackoldman » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:26 pm

I apologize in advance for my english, Google translate gives funny things sometimes.

I had an idea that it would be nice to see in the game realization of the army. Not have to do something global with the cavalry and the fleet, but at least for the village militia. What is it for? Militia could make titles, uniforms and ways of interaction between officers and privates. The idea is quite possible to develop much further. The same uniforms could be sold in the store for real money or in Boston for silver coins.
Blackoldman

Re: Army and etc

Postby APXEOLOG » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:33 pm

You can choose any clothes as uniform for your militia (ofc there will be new items in future).
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby Blackoldman » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:37 pm

My thought was not only in uniform - then more a system of relations officer-soldier, perhaps even with the introduction of new tactical skills (buff or something). Ordering the military component of the village or town.
Blackoldman

Postby APXEOLOG » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:43 pm

Blackoldman wrote:My thought was not only in uniform - then more a system of relations officer-soldier, perhaps even with the introduction of new tactical skills (buff or something). Ordering the military component of the village or town.

You can invent that special relations between officer and soldier by yourself if you need them. Also i don't know about special party skills, new skills are always good, but in HnH party skills was used too rare.
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby Blackoldman » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:56 pm

APXEOLOG wrote: but in HnH party skills was used too rare.

because they were rather weak.

Only English on forums - Moo
Blackoldman

Postby pedrostr » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Blackoldman wrote:My thought was not only in uniform - then more a system of relations officer-soldier, perhaps even with the introduction of new tactical skills (buff or something). Ordering the military component of the village or town.

i like the idea of the uniforms and team relations, but since i don't support the War mode / dying virtues of Salem, i won't support this.
pedrostr

Postby Thomazml » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:11 pm

I think It'd be great to have some buffs to the militia. It'd encourage the pilgrims to settle togheter. Some special skills would be good too, like "Line formation", "Musket Voley", etc..
Thomazml

Postby Blackoldman » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:26 pm

Thomazml wrote:I think It'd be great to have some buffs to the militia. It'd encourage the pilgrims to settle togheter. Some special skills would be good too, like "Line formation", "Musket Voley", etc..

that's what I had in mind =)

pedrostr wrote:i like the idea of the uniforms and team relations, but since i don't support the War mode / dying virtues of Salem, i won't support this.

In this game, there is a place not only military. I hope.
Blackoldman

Postby pedrostr » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:16 pm

if permadeath exists, and military is something to be developed, why can't i be signaled as a humble farmer? :)

civilians have always existed, just like medics right?
pedrostr

Postby Potjeh » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:21 pm

And they were always killed in cold blood, just like medics.
Potjeh

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations