Server status, updates and important news

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Server status, updates and important news

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:14 pm

Asharad wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:This thread is in I&I. Why would you think that? Also, it's not from jorb, loftar, or TotalyMoo.

I am new here, and don't know who those guys are.

welcome to the game. jorb and loftar are the developers, or "gods" of this game, and TotalyMoo is a Paradox staff, Salem GM, Community manager or whatever the title you want to call him with (or how he wants to be called...who knows).
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby TotalyMoo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:47 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:
Asharad wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:This thread is in I&I. Why would you think that? Also, it's not from jorb, loftar, or TotalyMoo.

welcome to the game. jorb and loftar are the developers, or "gods" of this game, and TotalyMoo is a Paradox staff, Salem GM, Community manager or whatever the title you want to call him with (or how he wants to be called...who knows).

I'm also pretty cuddly. Welcome to Salem Asharad.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:06 pm

Asharad wrote:I wasn't paying attention to which forum it was in. I was browsing all "new posts", which shows everything from all forums. :oops:

It should show you what forum it's in along the navigation bar. I don't use that feature as it leaves a big mess of things visually.

Those would be our two devs and GM respectively. :)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Asharad » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:53 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
It should show you what forum it's in along the navigation bar. I don't use that feature as it leaves a bily. :)

It does, but on a smart phone, I have to scroll over to the right to see it.
Asharad

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:35 pm

You make a good point for something else... I know many sites have long supported browsing on web capable phones with special versions of their sites, but it was only a small number of sites. With the advent of smartphones a few years ago, this was no longer strictly necessary. The problem is their smaller screens and need to constantly zoom in and out or scroll. I know phpBB (software the Salem forums runs on) does have special configurations available for smartphones, which should include better presentation of the data for a smaller screen such as on an iOS device or Android. It's worthy of its own thread and encourage those using a smartphone to browse the forums to follow up. ;)
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby JeffGV » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Imho, having a server status panel and a panel with the links of the last 3 or 4 threads from the announcement section would be already enough.
JeffGV

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:07 am

JeffGV wrote:Imho, having a server status panel and a panel with the links of the last 3 or 4 threads from the announcement section would be already enough.

I imagine it will end up like most other games and have server status available, if it's not on the front page, then through a link on the front page.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations