More cash shop options

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

More cash shop options

Postby kfv7 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:39 pm

I know the game is in beta. But I really like it, and to hear that just 2 guys are developing it with a small budget its not nice.

I have purchased silver to support the game, but once that you can make your own nails there is no real point in continuing doing it.

I dont know, maybe you have things already planned on this subject but not implemented yet. Maybe some kind of aestetic items that dont affect gameplay will help; or even some things that will, like the service of resurrect a fallen character for a really high ammount, like $100.

Prolly I will get flamed because of this, but I like more the idea of a bigger cash shop that the one picturing Salem shuting down.
kfv7

Re: More cash shop options

Postby Sevenless » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:06 am

Aesthetics yes, it's already been suggested before in pre-com as well. No word if that's gotten through (not sure how much Jorbtar have to say about how the game is monetized)

Resurrection... mmm I'm going to have to say absolutely not. We don't really want immortal combat characters that can never be killed because the faction just keeps resurrecting them. There are lots of less gamebreaking possibilities for that though, but it's still infringing on Pay 2 Win.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby kfv7 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:11 am

I didnt mean instant resurrection, or even made in game at all. My idea was an option in the web page that resurrects your char after some time pass by (a day, a week, i dont know), just to make death still have bad consecuences. And maybe those resurrected players will purchase even more silver to speed up his restore.
kfv7

Postby painhertz » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:16 am

Ain't gonna be no resurrection homeboy. No doubt in the future you'll be able to purchase horses, cattle, God only knows what but when ya die? You're dead and that's how we like it. Also, yes it's a two man Dev team but it's backed by Paradox's money so I'm doubting the funding is inconsequential especially since they are taking so damned long to release........
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby kfv7 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:25 am

My point in this thread is not to install a debate wether resurrection its right or wrong, I dont really care about it.

But if they have a larger budget maybe they can hire more people and make improvements faster. On this subforum there are a lot of great ideas, like the one that says to implement natives. Will be great to see a settlement raided by natives or viceversa; and a NPC in Boston paying for native heads or something like that.

If they lack resources those ideas wont come fast, or even wont come at all.
kfv7

Postby Nsuidara » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:01 am

Why not ?
Implement to revive the 100$ - 200$
in this case earn $ ^^

to purchase horses, cattle

I hope that it will be free, you can get ...

You know ? Now is Pay2Win ...

Buy silver...=
- buy study items...
- buy weapons...
- buy claim...
but is ok... i can got free ... but "must TIME..."

i like it :]

one valute... is good :]
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby TotalyMoo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:17 pm

There are a lot more things that are planned to be implemented into the cash shop, be it cosmetic or for late-game (domesticated animals being one such thing).

Right now the main focus of our developer, loftar, is to develop the multiple server support. That's why we're not getting so much content, he's pretty busy with backend things :)
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Nsuidara » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:34 pm

but "animals" been free taming/capture ? ... ?

and when party Telport (leader party) ? ... write "cooming soon" ?:F
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Return to Ideas & Innovations