Make the windmills in Boston usable at a fee...

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Make the windmills in Boston usable at a fee...

Postby JeffGV » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:48 pm

...cause, at things stands now, the windmill you can build is as costly as useless.
It would have sense if making flour would have a cost if you're using Boston's mills, either as a fee in silvers or as a small percentage of the flour produced (the so called "miller's toll"). The second suggestion would actually be more historically accurate, by the way.
JeffGV

Re: Make the windmills in Boston usable at a fee...

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Think I mentioned this to someone a while back, but I'm not sure if I ever actually wrote it up on the ideas forum XD

I'd prefer miller's flour toll, just so poor noobs can still eat their crackers.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Potjeh » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Ideally, there wouldn't be any mills in Boston, and we'd have phlegm-guzzling querns to grind flour before we build our own mills. It's cost is stupid high, so getting access to a mill of your own should be a big productivity boost. Speaking of which, I guess it could also autogrind, like a stamp mill (but then the grinding time would have to be increased to make it matter).
Potjeh

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Potjeh wrote:Ideally, there wouldn't be any mills in Boston, and we'd have phlegm-guzzling querns to grind flour before we build our own mills. It's cost is stupid high, so getting access to a mill of your own should be a big productivity boost. Speaking of which, I guess it could also autogrind, like a stamp mill (but then the grinding time would have to be increased to make it matter).

That's another option I'd be ok with.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Return to Ideas & Innovations