Simpler walls building...

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Simpler walls building...

Postby darnokpl » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Right now it is too clicky and annoying, make it simpler like expanding claims.

When initial corner is read click on it and window will popup.
On that window we should have 6 buttons:
- north,
- south,
- west,
- east,
- corner,
- build.

Every time when we hit any direction button it should take, from inventory, resources and increase wall by 1 tile, just like it does right now,
so most of permissions, collisions, black bile cost etc etc functions should work for this idea without any change.

When we run out of resources in inventory we can click build button and it should build all added sections at same time.
When character is X tiles from wall section we are building, we still should be able to see "expand window", it should help while building long wall sections.
darnokpl

Re: Simpler walls building...

Postby staxjax » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:46 pm

As it is right now, actual building of the wall is the far less annoying (and much faster) then collecting all the required materials. I think your idea would promote botting even more than the current system.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby darnokpl » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:32 pm

staxjax wrote:As it is right now, actual building of the wall is the far less annoying (and much faster) then collecting all the required materials. I think your idea would promote botting even more than the current system.

Do you really want to make bots only for clicking north, north... corner... east, east... corner... many times?:)
Right now bots are more welcomed while building walls.
darnokpl

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:46 pm

too casual
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby staxjax » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:24 pm

Regardless, building walls is easy. Once you have all of your materials in place, it takes less than an hour for one person to build a 30x30 wall...new guy near me flatten his land and build doublewall within a 6 hour time period that I was asleep. Needless to say, he was promptly asked to relocate else suffer dire consequences.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby TotalyMoo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:58 am

staxjax wrote:Regardless, building walls is easy. Once you have all of your materials in place, it takes less than an hour for one person to build a 30x30 wall...new guy near me flatten his land and build doublewall within a 6 hour time period that I was asleep. Needless to say, he was promptly asked to relocate else suffer dire consequences.

"Relocate or suffer dire consequences" sounds like something Conan the Barbarian would've said.

I don't have much experience with wall building, but this sounds like making it babby casual.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby darnokpl » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:23 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:
staxjax wrote:Regardless, building walls is easy. Once you have all of your materials in place, it takes less than an hour for one person to build a 30x30 wall...new guy near me flatten his land and build doublewall within a 6 hour time period that I was asleep. Needless to say, he was promptly asked to relocate else suffer dire consequences.

"Relocate or suffer dire consequences" sounds like something Conan the Barbarian would've said.

I don't have much experience with wall building, but this sounds like making it babby casual.

Imho it should be made like that coz we got 3000 newbies in game and I hope there will be more of them coming:)
There are many things they have to learn about town architecture, braziers etc etc why they should waste time on pointless clicks?
darnokpl

Postby TotalyMoo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:43 pm

darnokpl wrote:
TotalyMoo wrote:

Imho it should be made like that coz we got 3000 newbies in game and I hope there will be more of them coming:)
There are many things they have to learn about town architecture, braziers etc etc why they should waste time on pointless clicks?

Isn't the entire game pointless clicks then?

There's a certain limit on how simple things should be, I reckon this is overstepping that boundary.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby darnokpl » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:43 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:Isn't the entire game pointless clicks then?

There's a certain limit on how simple things should be, I reckon this is overstepping that boundary.

No it isn't. Look how does farming works or adding food to composters...
You don't have to right click on field, then left click on label "add fertilizer" or press 1 on numpad,
then window popups, then transfer fertilizers from inventory to window, then click "fertilize"?
You don't have to right click on composter, then left click on label "add compost" or press 1 on numpad,
then window popups, then transfer food from inventory to window, then click "add"?

Do you get my point?:)
If farming would look like this I would say same, there are pointless clicks in that system and it should be simpler.
darnokpl

Postby kfv7 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:22 pm

I am new to this kind of games, I have never played H & H. So I may be qualified as a newby. I spend a lot of time with the wiki and the forums getting some info, but building walls was one of the easiest things.

Maybe your idea is not bad, but there are other things to improve with higher priority, from my point of view.
kfv7

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations