Simpler walls building...

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Simpler walls building...

Postby staxjax » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:09 pm

darnokpl wrote:
TotalyMoo wrote:Isn't the entire game pointless clicks then?

There's a certain limit on how simple things should be, I reckon this is overstepping that boundary.

No it isn't. Look how does farming works or adding food to composters...
You don't have to right click on field, then left click on label "add fertilizer" or press 1 on numpad,
then window popups, then transfer fertilizers from inventory to window, then click "fertilize"?
You don't have to right click on composter, then left click on label "add compost" or press 1 on numpad,
then window popups, then transfer food from inventory to window, then click "add"?

Do you get my point?:)
If farming would look like this I would say same, there are pointless clicks in that system and it should be simpler.

I dont get your point...the reason there is no radial menu with the composter is because there is nothing else to do with it except put **** in and take humus out. The radial menu when right clicking a wall piece or cornerpost actually serve a purpose.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:07 pm

kfv7 wrote:I am new to this kind of games, I have never played H & H. So I may be qualified as a newby. I spend a lot of time with the wiki and the forums getting some info, but building walls was one of the easiest things.

Heh... You're probably one of the few. I don't find it hard, never have found it hard, but there are a few fence bugs that, luckily, you didn't trip over.

There are some improvements that could be made to make building fences/walls even simpler, but I think the OP is going about it the wrong way. (I believe a couple of these better ways have already been suggested. Check the Paradox Plaza forums for more information.)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Ass_Kraken » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:25 am

I don't like this, but for the love of god, less black bile drain and slower build time.
Ass_Kraken

Postby krikke93 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:26 am

Ass_Kraken wrote:I don't like this, but for the love of god, less black bile drain and slower build time.

Only the last one please ;)
Wanna hear some epic music while playing this epic game?
Visit my YouTube Channel!
krikke93

Postby darnokpl » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:30 am

staxjax wrote:
I dont get your point...the reason there is no radial menu with the composter is because there is nothing else to do with it except put **** in and take humus out. The radial menu when right clicking a wall piece or cornerpost actually serve a purpose.

And what is this purpose?
darnokpl

Postby staxjax » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:01 am

darnokpl wrote:And what is this purpose?

To extend the wall in any given direction, or to build a cornerpost.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby darnokpl » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:51 am

staxjax wrote:
darnokpl wrote:And what is this purpose?

To extend the wall in any given direction, or to build a cornerpost.

True and I gave you idea how to change radial menu into something more useful:)

Look I know that not every idea is good, but this is place to talk about it, right?
So if you want to discuss about my idea use arguments how it is wrong or good, pros and cons, not just "coz I don't like it".
darnokpl

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations