Drained but can recover

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Drained but can recover

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:17 pm

You know when you eat food, how your current humour is below the humour it can heal up to? The amount you are healing towards is the Current Max. The amount you actually have is your current humour, and is the value used when determining damage for example. What's being suggested is moves/abilities/stuff that drains your current stat, without draining the max the stat can heal towards without eating.

This is exactly what the darkness does.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby milonti » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:52 pm

I understand exactly what OP means and I agree whoeheartedly. This could be good for smaller projects and such, being able to take a different kind of break. Maybe introduce water or drinks to make that little bit of regen faster.

@TotalyMoo You understand the concept, your picture was spot on. I just wish either of us could word it better XD
milonti

Postby TotalyMoo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:55 pm

milonti wrote:I understand exactly what OP means and I agree whoeheartedly. This could be good for smaller projects and such, being able to take a different kind of break. Maybe introduce water or drinks to make that little bit of regen faster.

@TotalyMoo You understand the concept, your picture was spot on. I just wish either of us could word it better XD

I'm not very good with words. I prefer dance.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Etherdrifter » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:18 am

Sounds pretty good actually. It adds in opportunities for new skills as well as modifications to some older ones. Even the potential for new items (I miss my chair under the apple tree in H&H :( ).

Perhaps even some kind of player action that "averages out" the 2 bars. So allows faster recovery but means you need to eat more.
..........Image
So very many skeletons...
.....Necromancers Guild
Etherdrifter

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations