Wells

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Wells

Postby chanpod » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:25 am

Currently, water is needed a lot. However, one can simply port back to boston and steal boston's water. This is a silly mechanic to gather water. How about adding wells? you can use a woo woo rod or something to find it. Or just let players build it freely. Would be somewhere around the 1500 proficiency requirement?

Sorry for the suggestions spam lol. Just had several ideas tonight. If there's a place where devs have had a "coming soon" and any of these are in it. Please let me know!
chanpod

Re: Wells

Postby painhertz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:33 am

Do you honestly think that in almost 2 years of development this haven't been suggested and/or the Devs planned this? The fact that you CAN easily port to Boston to get water makes this n "on the backburner" issue.

And yes, we recommended this long ago, and far away in Alpha.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby ShadowAtlan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:42 am

If you look at woo woo wands or dowsing rods, it already states they can be used to find wells, though wells themselves are not implemented yet.
Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science.
ShadowAtlan

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:15 pm

ShadowAtlan wrote:If you look at woo woo wands or dowsing rods, it already states they can be used to find wells, though wells themselves are not implemented yet.

Or are they?

Just kidding. Or am I?

No, seriously though. Wells have been suggested several times over the time this game has been in development. Dowsing Rods are capable of finding them, and they will most likely be a big part of where you chose to set up your village. Maybe they'll even adjust water purity.

There's a suggestion not to be able to port with water, this might get implemented once wells are a reality.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby chanpod » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:26 pm

Well I'm sure they have. But I did do a search for them on this forum. Guess what? no result! I'm merely reinforcing the desire for the to be implemented. If you don't say it, they likely won't do it. May be a "back burner" issue but it would still be nice to be able to make them. If people push for it, the devs are more likely to go ahead and finish it. Geeze, guys. If you don't want to support the idea. GTFO of my thread. I have no tolerance for "rage induced" nerds whining how the issue has been presented before. For one, I just started and as stated above...the search function did not return any results for "well or wells" so I figured it would be good to reiterate this functionality.
chanpod

Postby TrisDa » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:02 am

I hope wells are one of last things put in just because i'm lazy.
Also only one was a "rage induced nerd" Everyone else was being helpful and informing you of the facts and the history of this topic to get you up to date.
ps No point in getting mad at a "rage induced nerd" that just makes them giggle.
Being A Good Knitter Is 3% Talent, 97% Not Being Distracted By Salem
TrisDa

Postby Potjeh » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:51 pm

For the record, reposting ideas that have been suggested before is frowned upon.

Also, that kind of tone is frowned upon. If you can't take criticism, don't make threads.
Potjeh

Postby chanpod » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:23 pm

Sorry, don't typically write in that "tone". The reply was mainly aimed at the non-constructive criticism of the first guy. The other two were fine. But my point still stands....I just started two weeks ago. This forum is not much older than I am. I have no idea where the old threads are so I have no idea what has or hasn't been suggested. I saw that it did not exist within these forums and figured might as well throw it in here. I assumed it may have been suggested but had no idea if it really had or not. So, my apologies that this has been suggested, and sorry for not being able to find the other forum. Might be good to have a list of already suggested ideas? I would do it but I've not been here long enough to form such a list.
chanpod

Postby staxjax » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:25 pm

It has been suggested...BY THE DEVS!

No seriously, read the description of the woo woo wand. Also, water is pretty much the only thing keeping me from raising/maintaining the purity of certain goods. Once well prospecting is in, I'll be ready for it !
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby baronbowden » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:50 pm

Potjeh,

I believe his response was mostly just directed at Pain being less than... polite.

New people posting ideas and making suggestions should be encouraged. You can't expect someone new to read all the development diaries follow all the different concept development etc etc.

Constructive criticism is one thing but trolling someone results in his second post.

I believe you dispensed medication without even diagnosing the symptoms to make sure you knew what the disease was:P

B
baronbowden

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations