Automatic Land Flattener

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Automatic Land Flattener

Postby chanpod » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:12 am

Ok, this would be under mechanics so it would take a while to get.

It would be a lift-able object (obviously) require whatever mats the devs see fit, and it will flatten a 2x2 area and displace the dirt into a collectables area. similar to the stamp mill and what not. It'll displace 4 full piles of dirt so you can drop the dirt onto a sled and carry it off.

It would take several (10ish) minutes to accomplish this 2x2 area but it is obviously doing it for you. Freeing you up to forage or whatever. Be nice to have the mats cheap enough to be able to easily make 2/3 of these reasonably. That way you can just make trips dumping dirt, move the machine, and move on to the next one. Rinse, repeat.
chanpod

Re: Automatic Land Flattener

Postby painhertz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:40 am

Recommended over a year ago, actually "promised" to us at one point and apparently was replaced with the Labouring skill and metal shovels.

Something I brought up not long ago......
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby ShadowAtlan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:56 am

I'd definitely go for what painhertz proposed
Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science.
ShadowAtlan

Postby staxjax » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:03 am

The price for laziness is should not be cheap. If there is a tool for automatic land flattening, I think it should cost atleast 5s per tile, if not more.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:16 pm

staxjax wrote:The price for laziness is should not be cheap. If there is a tool for automatic land flattening, I think it should cost atleast 5s per tile, if not more.

Very good silver-out source. Maybe pay Boston workers to do the work for you.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby darnokpl » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:09 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:
staxjax wrote:The price for laziness is should not be cheap. If there is a tool for automatic land flattening, I think it should cost atleast 5s per tile, if not more.

Very good silver-out source. Maybe pay Boston workers to do the work for you.

Where can I find them? and how many of them I can hire?:)
darnokpl

Postby staxjax » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:51 pm

I will flatten land for you, only 200s per hour and I will provide my own food. Unfortunately, that will require you to give me your location and I dont think you want to do that.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:51 pm

[sarcasm]devs should also sell korean slaves in market for playing instead of you[/sarcasm]
srsly, it is not a problem to flatten land, phlegm could be easily restored now and even default client provide everything for successfull flattening
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:57 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:[sarcasm]devs should also sell korean slaves in market for playing instead of you[/sarcasm]
srsly, it is not a problem to flatten land, phlegm could be easily restored now and even default client provide everything for successfull flattening

I think the issue is just more of how it needs to be time intensive and laborious. I don't think this is too much of a problem but it'd be kind of neat if it could be less tedious at the same time.
TeckXKnight

Postby TotalyMoo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:02 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:
APXEOLOG wrote:[sarcasm]devs should also sell korean slaves in market for playing instead of you[/sarcasm]

I think the issue is just more of how it needs to be time intensive and laborious. I don't think this is too much of a problem but it'd be kind of neat if it could be less tedious at the same time.

It isn't that tedious to flatten land, to be honest. A few good workers and decent phlegm + iron shovels and most land could be flattened within an hour or two.

I mean. I'm all for creating silver dumps and selling convenience to players, but I still wouldn't say that land flattening is so bad.

The world would eventually become completely flat with too many rich players, too ;)
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations