Natives become avaible to play

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Natives become avaible to play

Postby Thomazml » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:38 am

I don't know if it's possible, but I would like to be able to play as a Native. They could spaw in a very far location from Boston. They could have diferent skills/learning rates/etc.. They could have diferent gods, and diferent buildings, etc.. even diferent language, so if a Pilgrim and a Native meet each other, they would have to learn a specific skill that aloud them to speak and understand what the other is talking in the chat. I don't know, maybe you guys have more ideas.

I must apologize my self if there's any similar topic, or if there's grammar errors. It's because English it's not my first neither my seccond language.

;)
Thomazml

Re: Natives become avaible to play

Postby painhertz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:54 am

I've said many times to many people that they should have done this from the start having Indians be a playable faction with a separate tech tree, as it is they have sorta-kinda said that NPC Indians will be in at some point but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to "play" them, this just isn't that game.....
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby staxjax » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:11 am

I've always thought that the wilderness guides are indians.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby ShadowAtlan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:13 am

I'd rather like to play as a Native as well. It fits well with my RL demographic.
Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science.
ShadowAtlan

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:46 pm

A rather nifty idea and it would be fun to play with a bit of variation going on. It'd be a great project to work on as the game became more finalized.
TeckXKnight

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:52 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:A rather nifty idea and it would be fun to play with a bit of variation going on. It'd be a great project to work on as the game became more finalized.

TeckXKnight wrote:It'd be a great project to work on as the game became more finalized.

TeckXKnight wrote:the game became more finalized.

TeckXKnight wrote:finalized.

A lovely idea, but would require tons of time from jorbtar, therefore the quote. I would play a native any day of the week, and I sincerely hope this will make its way into the game some day.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Thomazml » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:10 am

I think it's absolutely needed the presence of the Natives in the game. Because they were crucial to the New England's ocupation. If the player could play with them, it'll be great. But, in between, it'll be cool to have Natives npc's, others than the guides...
Thomazml

Postby TeckXKnight » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:59 am

Thomazml wrote:I think it's absolutely needed the presence of the Natives in the game. Because they were crucial to the New England's ocupation. If the player could play with them, it'll be great. But, in between, it'll be cool to have Natives npc's, others than the guides...

Most definitely! It supposed they'd end up as mostly hostile enemies but it'd be really neat if they established small camps of their own in the darkness for players to raid. Or to raid players!
TeckXKnight

Postby TotalyMoo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:46 am

TeckXKnight wrote:
Thomazml wrote:I think it's absolutely needed the presence of the Natives in the game. Because they were crucial to the New England's ocupation. If the player could play with them, it'll be great. But, in between, it'll be cool to have Natives npc's, others than the guides...

Most definitely! It supposed they'd end up as mostly hostile enemies but it'd be really neat if they established small camps of their own in the darkness for players to raid. Or to raid players!

Would be iffy to program raids, I guess. But native camps and NPCs would be nice. Maybe a player could have some kind of "native standing" meter to establish whether they are aggressive towards you or not.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby aragaer » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:52 am

Few dates:
Salem was founded in 1626, Boston was founded in 1630, certain opposition with natives resulted in a proper war in 1675.

So yeah, some native presence is actually expected.
aragaer

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations