camera + controls need work

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

camera + controls need work

Postby SeptusCap » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:06 am

After my first play session, I have to say I can't play the game. I'm constantly walking zig zag to go in the correct direction, or stopping to readjust my camera, and when I'm moving around the camera is always deciding to spin around so I'm moving "forward" instead of to the left or right. It's dizzying, disorienting, and frustrating, and while I looked past it at first, my head now hurts.

Why did paradox try to fix something that isn't broken? WASD + mouse look would be fine. Static camera (spin ONLY when player wants to adjust) would work; spinning the camera should automatically adjust the direction of my WASD without me having to stop moving and let go of WASD in order for the game to "re-align" what direction W moves in.

I couldn't get a lot of people to play b/c of the graphics, but with the controls on top of it? Not one person could stick around.
SeptusCap

Re: camera + controls need work

Postby sabinati » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:21 am

use a custom client.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Re: camera + controls need work

Postby staxjax » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:44 am

What sabinati said.

I think the reason for the autofollow camera vs freestyle is because if you pull the camera down you will see black nothingness where the rendering stops and it looks kinda ugly.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Return to Ideas & Innovations