Destroy

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Destroy

Postby Nsuidara » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:56 pm

My ideas/sugestion is ... meybe "preson made builds/etc" can easy destroy ...

Now... opponent / master / person made.... cant destroy sometime build... example i cant destroy stone ... :F
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Re: Destroy

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Are you suggesting that a person that builds something can easily destroy it? If so, this has already been suggested before, multiple times. Currently, the only way to know the "owner" of something is if it's on a claim or not, and that system is ripe for abuse/griefing with this set of rules.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Nsuidara » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Ok. i uderstand "and that system is ripe for abuse/griefing with this set of rules."
but... now i bad build ... and cant destroy...

destroy in my clain is hardcore....
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:46 pm

In Haven, I always suggested people make the easy fence to get a feel for building them and the "mechanics" behind how they get put up. It could be destroyed by a completely new character relatively quickly. However, with the most basic fence here, you need a good more phlegm than what you start with just to break one section. That makes it hard to build a "practice" fence and then tear it down afterward. Work on getting phlegm up, and if you can, go around. You'll be able to destroy that bad section soon enough.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Arillious » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:32 pm

MagicManICT wrote:In Haven, I always suggested people make the easy fence to get a feel for building them and the "mechanics" behind how they get put up. It could be destroyed by a completely new character relatively quickly. However, with the most basic fence here, you need a good more phlegm than what you start with just to break one section. That makes it hard to build a "practice" fence and then tear it down afterward. Work on getting phlegm up, and if you can, go around. You'll be able to destroy that bad section soon enough.

Good suggestion.

As a new player, one of the first things I wanted to do was to build a fence to at least have some sort of protection from someone just strolling up and stealing my stuff. I have to admit that mistakes were made and the fact that it was 100 times harder to remove a section of the fence i just built than it was to create it definently did not seem right and was frustrating.

I understand that this isnt an easy change because it may be abused.
Arillious

Return to Ideas & Innovations