Light torches with coal clamps

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Light torches with coal clamps

Postby Valdahaz » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:54 pm

Pretty straight forward. I think if that coal clamp is burning, we should be able to light a torch with it.
Valdahaz

Re: Light torches with coal clamps

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:23 am

I'm not sure where the devs are sitting with this, but I assume there's a reason why they only let you use fires for it. If we're talking realism, coal clamps were large piles of wood set on fire and then covered in dirt to let smoulder for a while. It's not really possible to light a torch from that.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Valdahaz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:35 am

True, but I would really like a fire that burns for 3 days able to do something for me :P

And those tinder drills... my god the tinder drills.....
Valdahaz

Postby painhertz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:41 am

really, if you let every game item that uses/has fire light a torch, tinder drills and flint/steel become functionally useless. (And god knows we fought for them to get rid of ***** tinder drills)
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:42 am

Valdahaz wrote:True, but I would really like a fire that burns for 3 days able to do something for me :P

And those tinder drills... my god the tinder drills.....

Simple trick, when you log out at the end of the day, just light a torch and put it in your hand. As long as you feed the fire branches during the day it stays lit. And the torch doesn't lose fuel while you're logged off*.

Voila, you log on with a lit torch and can light your fire the next day :) Or you can use flint/steel, your choice I guess :D
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Return to Ideas & Innovations