Employees

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Employees

Postby Dalorian » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:10 pm

thl111 wrote: May I suggest that employees can bring items in their inventory when ported to employer's land but not the other way around. Because, as far as my experience goes, some jobs like digging and paving require quite a lot of phlegm and people might need food unless the employers are willing to provide it.

Well, if they set it up that way, that could still be abused for quick item transport between locations. Although, it is already possible to do quick item transfer just by going to Boston, so perhaps this isn't as big an issue as i originally thought it would be.
Dalorian

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:16 pm

What's to stop these "employees" from bringing back trade items, ill-gotten gains, etc?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Dalorian » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:19 pm

you mean through theft? All you have to do is not give them theft rights on your lot. In the case of resource gathering jobs, Im not certain how to solve this yet.

AHh, i got it! Have it so that when someone is employed, they can put things in chests, but not take it out. Or perhaps only designated Employee chests? Chests that can be built solely for the use of employees and employers. This is probably the best solution. It would be the responsibility of the employer to supply necessary resources in this chest, and/or to extract them. This Chest could simply be a Special chest that anyone who has trespassing rights can access. Something like a common use chest.
Dalorian

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:22 am

No, you misunderstand me. I mean bringing stolen items back to town (as if people can't already do this with alts...).
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Dalorian » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:25 am

MagicManICT wrote:No, you misunderstand me. I mean bringing stolen items back to town (as if people can't already do this with alts...).

Ahh, you mean as pack mules to carry goods back to town. Well first off, I think you will have to be in Boston in order to hire people. Its the only reasonable way I can think of. Secondly, if someone has ill gotten gains they need to get back to Boston, I don't see why they couldn't just take it all to Boston themselves? Rather then arranging elaborate employment setups to transport ill gotten goods. Seems kinda redundant and pointless.

This could easily be made undesirable by charging a standard fee for hiring people, onto of whatever wages you are offering.
Dalorian

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:03 pm

You can't teleport when you have the crime debuff. As I say, it's a moot point, anyway, as there are other arrangements that can be made to teleport items back to town during a raid, anyway.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations