Some ideas

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Some ideas

Postby thl111 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:48 pm

I don't see why leather armour and chain mail are needed. If the devs try to stick to history then those two armour types were obsolete by the time musket introduced itself in the battlefield. Cuirass, on the other hand, may be more suitable. For wooden spear idea, how about the 25 feet long pike they used in mid 17th century ?
We make sword stone for keeper and pull they do it and excalibur come out. have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword. -Moniker (Anarchy online)
thl111

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:56 pm

Too unwieldy outside of an open battlefield. I just don't see how it would help killing a bear. Great anti-cavalry weapon, though! Hey! It might help take down a deer when it charges.

Pretty sure some Native American tribes used spears of different types for various things. I'd have to dig back through some things to refresh my memory to be 100% positive. How about a bayonet for our muskets so we don't have to switch weapons? It's a firearm and a spear!
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby thl111 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:53 pm

+ for bayonet but make it so that once bayonet is attached, player can't fire the musket.
We make sword stone for keeper and pull they do it and excalibur come out. have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword. -Moniker (Anarchy online)
thl111

Postby sabinati » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:25 pm

thl111 wrote:+ for bayonet but make it so that once bayonet is attached, player can't fire the musket.

why?
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby thl111 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:22 am

why?

Why not ? It was plug bayonet in Salem period,iirc. Beside, I don't see it'd affect anything gamewise.
thl111

Postby ShadowTani » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:28 am

thl111 wrote:
why?

Why not ? It was plug bayonet in Salem period,iirc. Beside, I don't see it'd affect anything gamewise.

Maybe the 'why' is you why wouldn't we be able to fire the musket while bayonet is attached? At least that is a why for me. x3 Otherwise the idea sounds nice. :3
ShadowTani

Postby thl111 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:43 am

Maybe the 'why' is you why wouldn't we be able to fire the musket while bayonet is attached? At least that is a why for me. x3 Otherwise the idea sounds nice. :3

Wiki plug type bayonet for answer. It was popular during 17th century. And I assume in here that devs try to be historical accurate.
thl111

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations