Invariance penalty for fertilizers

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Invariance penalty for fertilizers

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Realak wrote:***** to talk **** about how much i hate botters who gain unfair advantages. Please don't turn into HnH

Botters are always going to have an advantage (otherwise they wouldn't make the bot). The key is minimizing how much advantage they can get. Many elements of Salem reflect that, mining is a good example. Flawed though the new system may be, there's no point to botting it.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby jorb » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:27 pm

We know and agree with you.
jorb

Postby Potjeh » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:24 pm

Nice to hear that :D
Potjeh

Postby Haxzploid » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:54 pm

painhertz wrote:Just because some people are catasses and grind like retards to get things first is not a reason to punish those of us who aren't. I find keeping my scant 6 fields fertilized to be a HUGE chore and you want to make it harder? No thanks. you must have been one of those guys who thought corpse runs in Everquest were "fun".

Jorb, please teleport this dude to the darkness and implement corpse runs just before doing so.

(sorry for offtopic)
Haxzploid

Postby ElCapitan1701 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:59 am

What do you mean by "keeping the fields fertilized"? Pushing influence to 1000%? Yeah - that`s a lot of work.
ElCapitan1701

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:32 pm

ElCapitan1701 wrote:What do you mean by "keeping the fields fertilized"? Pushing influence to 1000%? Yeah - that`s a lot of work.

If you're botting hay you can get 400-600% influence fairly easily. Without botting anything over 300% is pushing it if we're talking mass amounts of fields.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:40 pm

Sevenless wrote:
ElCapitan1701 wrote:What do you mean by "keeping the fields fertilized"? Pushing influence to 1000%? Yeah - that`s a lot of work.

If you're botting hay you can get 400-600% influence fairly easily. Without botting anything over 300% is pushing it if we're talking mass amounts of fields.

Doesn't have more people in your village make it easier?
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby staxjax » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Sevenless wrote:

Without botting you can get 600% easy with the many different influence fertilizers available within the confines of a village. I would say getting anything over 1000% is where the botters have the advantage.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations