Alchemist

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Alchemist

Postby painhertz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:32 pm

Potjeh wrote:Frankly I'd love to see Boston teleport removed, because it makes distance a non-factor. Everyone and their Mom is putting alts on different resource spots and just porting in resources to their town via Boston.

I think it could be handled by letting players build the trade posts. Maybe have a couple of tiers. First tier post that just lets you sell charms and crickets and buy nails, but takes something simple like blocks and hay to construct. Second tier takes nails and boards to build, but expands the company selling/buying selection, and also adds one or two buy and sell slots for player to player trade (AKA rolls in one company stands and players' vendor stands). Third tier gets even more company goods and player slots but takes bars to make, etc.

I disagree with the removal of the Boston port but very much AGREE with towns being able to have trade stalls allowing them to become feature destinations for regional trade. land permissions might be a ***** but i like the idea of traveling to a largeish trade city near me to trad instead of porting to Boston.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Potjeh » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:37 pm

But why would you walk to some place if you can teleport to Boston? Allowing teleport to player towns is obviously right out, due to all the abuse options.
Potjeh

Postby Ass_Kraken » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Potjeh wrote:Frankly I'd love to see Boston teleport removed, because it makes distance a non-factor. Everyone and their Mom is putting alts on different resource spots and just porting in resources to their town via Boston.

I think it could be handled by letting players build the trade posts. Maybe have a couple of tiers. First tier post that just lets you sell charms and crickets and buy nails, but takes something simple like blocks and hay to construct. Second tier takes nails and boards to build, but expands the company selling/buying selection, and also adds one or two buy and sell slots for player to player trade (AKA rolls in one company stands and players' vendor stands). Third tier gets even more company goods and player slots but takes bars to make, etc.

Player trading would need something to compensate so it's not entirely NPC: Huge ass wagons with easier movement.
Ass_Kraken

Postby Potjeh » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Yeah, the two go hand in hand. Actually travelling to trade is impractical without wagons, and wagons are pointless with Boston in place.
Potjeh

Postby Haxzploid » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:51 pm

OMG i thoughty the water issue was an exploit... But this... omagawd, this is SPARTA!

One solution could be that you could not port with certain raw materials, like: Iron ore, Lime, Granite, Stone, wood and water..

This would force you to proccess the materials or craft something to travel with.
Haxzploid

Postby staxjax » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Haxzploid wrote:

OMG i thoughty the water issue was an exploit... But this... omagawd, this is SPARTA!

One solution could be that you could not port with certain raw materials, like: Iron ore, Lime, Granite, Stone, wood and water..

This would force you to proccess the materials or craft something to travel with.

'
There is another thread here that talks about player retention.

Go ahead and remove boston teleport and watch the number of regular players drop. You guys act like digging and chipping 1000 lime is easy...no its not, it takes about 3 hours with 2-3 people and then another hour to transport it through Boston. Not with alts either mind you, with main characters that would much rather be doing something more productive with their time. For most people, 4 hours a day after work is all the time they have to play games.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby jorb » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:38 pm

Boston teleport isn't going anywhere.
jorb

Postby Haxzploid » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:58 am

staxjax wrote:
Haxzploid wrote:

'
There is another thread here that talks about player retention.

Go ahead and remove boston teleport and watch the number of regular players drop. You guys act like digging and chipping 1000 lime is easy...no its not, it takes about 3 hours with 2-3 people and then another hour to transport it through Boston. Not with alts either mind you, with main characters that would much rather be doing something more productive with their time. For most people, 4 hours a day after work is all the time they have to play games.

And now compare this to those NOT using Boston? :)

Alts using Boston > Mains using Boston > Not using Boston. :)
Haxzploid

Postby pugzor » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:25 am

jorb wrote:Boston teleport isn't going anywhere.

God has spoken! Enough with this talk of heresy :D
pugzor

Postby Potjeh » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:49 am

jorb wrote:Boston teleport isn't going anywhere.

Yeah, I know, but I'm morally obliged to say every time it'0s mentioned how it kills off a ton of gameplay possibilities.
Potjeh

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations