Alchemist

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Alchemist

Postby Darwoth » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:34 am

could make a variety of things that would be interesting under "alchemy"

smelling salts to revive KO players in pvp

various herbal concoctions etc to reduce "pain" (damage taken) for a short time, or to lessen phlegm drain etc.

poison, slip some poisoned food in your cupboards for raiders to stumble upon or poison your sword etc

gunpowder, fill a barrel up with it and blow up something/someone or flatten land

lots of possibilities that would add depth to gameplay.
Darwoth

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:37 am

PvP revival has specifically been excluded from the game by Jorbtar. They're worried about the numerous ways it opens the system up to abuse. It also makes knocking one opponent of a more numerous attack force to the ground almost meaningless. Numbers would absolutely dominate all fights.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Darwoth » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:47 am

well i can see that being an issue, the other ideas hold merit however as well as others that are more fleshed out and not just off the top of my head.

revival could work if it had a long "cast" time and was interruptable similar to murder but far (10x, 20x) longer.
Darwoth

Postby staxjax » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:10 am

Something like that should have its medicine skill tree, so that a doctor could actually be a profession and make some less pvp types useful in pvp situations.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations