Tarred and Feathered

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Tarred and Feathered

Postby Sarpynom » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:40 pm

I suggest the option of tarring and feathering players for a week instead of killing them when they are KOd or caught KOd on your property (maybe even when tracked down!)
Sarpynom

Re: Tarred and Feathered

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:43 pm

The devs will never take permadeath out of Salem, but I'm assuming I misread what you meant. Having it as an option on top of the ability to send them to boston or kill them is an amusing idea though :)
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Gauteamus » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Great idea!
The tar/feathers could occupy the slots normally reserved for clothes/backpack etc, but be unremovable for a certain time, and then need soap to wash off.
++1 we need more alternatives to killing defeated opponents, preferably simple mechanics that give sorts of emergent gameplay*

*yup, hyped phrase
Gauteamus

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:49 pm

If you want to catch the PvPer's attention, the more humiliating the option the better. Mainly as something to reward them for doing _____ to a noob instead of killing them. But you guys are nuts if you think people are going to tar/feather someone if they went through the trouble of tracking a summonable crime and summoning them. That means they're either aggressively KOing people or stealing.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby staxjax » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:01 pm

If this was implemented, I think I might start knocking out noobs around Boston just for the hell of it.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:26 pm

staxjax wrote:If this was implemented, I think I might start knocking out noobs around Boston just for the hell of it.

XD yeah... but at the same time it's fairly easy to avoid combat. This would be a very gentle awakening to the brutality that Salem can offer.
Sevenless

Postby Osmedirez » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:19 am

Humiliation options would make things more interesting. Toying with people can be infinitely more amusing then just letting them KO.

Don't kill him! If you kill him, he won't learn nothin'! :twisted:
"We've come for The Darkness"
Osmedirez

Postby Banok » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:01 am

I doubt it would stay a humiliation option, people would do it to each other for ***** n giggles. maybe if it had some effect on actual gameplay...
Banok

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:27 am

I agree... instead of naked Russians, we'll have tar chickens (turkeys in this case) running around slaughtering.

Seriously, it's a game. If you have moral issues with killing in a game... I'm just not sure what to suggest.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:32 am

MagicManICT wrote:I agree... instead of naked Russians, we'll have tar chickens (turkeys in this case) running around slaughtering.

Seriously, it's a game. If you have moral issues with killing in a game... I'm just not sure what to suggest.

Time to play another game, that's what you should suggest. There's no reason why people should play a game if it goes against what you can tolerate.
Sevenless

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations