Turkey FEP issues

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Turkey FEP issues

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Roasted Turkey Meat is very easy to get, especially with the amount of a meat a "Butch" plucked turkey gives. It is both a powerful phlegm healer AND a powerful phlegm gluttony food despite that. At 40 stats it's still relatively easy to eat a pile of roasted turkey cuts for phlegm with a piece or two of variety. I'd prefer to see a fairly easy turkey recipe that requires a little more effort give out the phlegm than just the roasted meat itself. Obviously I want to keep turkey as "the" phlegm healer of choice.

Right now it's just too easy just to butch a couple plucked turkeys or go out murdering in a pine forest to get phlegm up. We're not even talking about what happens if turkey meat is purified either. Couple options that I see to deal with this:

A) Reduce the amount of turkey cuts a plucked turkey gives
B) Reduce the phlegm FEPs from the turkey cuts and move it to a new/existing turkey recipe
C) Change the butch of a plucked turkey to give something other than turkey cuts. Perhaps raw turkey wing, thigh, breast, etc. Gives lots of neat FEP options to play with if they were roasted or cooked into something.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Re: Turkey FEP issues

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:34 pm

Yeah I wanted to push it a little to make it good. I might have pushed too hard.
jorb

Re: Turkey FEP issues

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:12 pm

jorb wrote:Yeah I wanted to push it a little to make it good. I might have pushed too hard.

I think there's plenty of ways where it can be toned down while still keeping it good.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Return to Ideas & Innovations