Terrains and Elements

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Terrains and Elements

Postby MecKILL » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:42 am

I understand that you are making Purity changes but I do have a idea to help the testers. Can you please change the terrains so that the focus on one of the Elements? Sand could have 25 salt, 0 mercury, 15 sulfur and 10 lead. Something like that would be a huge help in the crafting as it stands.
MecKILL

Re: Terrains and Elements

Postby ShadowAtlan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:51 am

They did this in the first world of Salem. There were "Nodes" of certain levels of purity, as in different levels of Salt, Lead and so on. This became a problem, quickly, as the best areas of "purity" were quickly taken over and used to gain MASSIVE footholds in the world for little to no work. Thus, they have been removed from the game and will most likely never make a return.
Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science.
ShadowAtlan

Postby Flameturtle » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:01 am

Question: Is there anything planned to replace the purity system? I realise that it's still there in a shadow of its former self with metal and crops, but it doesn't seem big enough to me. There must be some IRC logs out there or something.
Flameturtle

Postby MecKILL » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:02 am

I am not looking for purity. All Terrains would still be purity 1.0 no matter what type they are.
MecKILL

Postby Flameturtle » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:10 am

Thats how the purity system works. When the salt and mercury and lead etc change in any direction that increases the purity multipler.
Flameturtle

Postby Bluestone » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:58 am

Flameturtle wrote:Question: Is there anything planned to replace the purity system? I realise that it's still there in a shadow of its former self with metal and crops, but it doesn't seem big enough to me. There must be some IRC logs out there or something.

Yes. There will be ways to raise purity added over time.
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby Flameturtle » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:19 am

Good. I'm hoping it'll tie in with proficiencies.
Flameturtle

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Flameturtle wrote:Good. I'm hoping it'll tie in with proficiencies.

Loftar has stated it mostly won't.

Currently you can grind up the purity of crops, hay, humus, turkeys, metal.

What do you mean when will purity be introduced? It's already here. And we're going to be seeing more things like this: New ways to grind up individual purities. But there will never be purity fountains like clay again from the looks of it. Each type of purity (crops vs metal) will require separate work to grind up.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Return to Ideas & Innovations