Silver/Vendor Items are Overpriced

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Silver/Vendor Items are Overpriced

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:09 am

Argost wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Still not listening to me about how graduated pricing goes against the point of the Microtransaction model I see.

If the point is to get the person who wants to spend 1$ on the game, and the person who wants to spend 100$ on the game to both pay in. Why are we punishing someone who only wants to pay 1$? I get that we're trying to encourage people to buy bigger, but that's not what Microtransactions are about. It's in the name for a reason.

There is always going to be the ones who will spend big and those who can't. I just do not want to see the devs drop prices into the toilet just to satisfy the people who can not afford to buy silver. Buying silver is not a requirement to the game it is a luxury, as will be buying any kind of fluff items they may add. No offense to those who can't afford to buy items but hey let's be real. Seatribe I would guess is after the ones who WILL spend money. I mean if they catered to the people who didn't how would they fund their company?

It's nothing about catering at all. People who pay 1$ or people who pay 100$ should get the same amount of silver/$ spent. If you want to reward people who spend big, do it with specialty vanity items. Special hats, clothing, building skins. But if you discriminate against the low paying players by giving them far less silver/dollar spent, they're not going to spend anything.

What I'm saying is, pick a number that is fair for silver, and normalize it to all sizes of purchases. That's not making silver cheaper, since doing it the other way ensures that only people paying top dollar for the largest packages of silver will bother to buy anyway.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby sabinati » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:27 am

Argost wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Still not listening to me about how graduated pricing goes against the point of the Microtransaction model I see.

If the point is to get the person who wants to spend 1$ on the game, and the person who wants to spend 100$ on the game to both pay in. Why are we punishing someone who only wants to pay 1$? I get that we're trying to encourage people to buy bigger, but that's not what Microtransactions are about. It's in the name for a reason.

There is always going to be the ones who will spend big and those who can't. I just do not want to see the devs drop prices into the toilet just to satisfy the people who can not afford to buy silver. Buying silver is not a requirement to the game it is a luxury, as will be buying any kind of fluff items they may add. No offense to those who can't afford to buy items but hey let's be real. Seatribe I would guess is after the ones who WILL spend money. I mean if they catered to the people who didn't how would they fund their company?

a few people spending big isn't the point of a microtransaction business model, it's lots of people spending small amounts on a recurring basis.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:57 am

sabinati wrote:
Argost wrote:

a few people spending big isn't the point of a microtransaction business model, it's lots of people spending small amounts on a recurring basis.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's in the name: MICROtransaction. 100$ is not micro.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations