Safe storage in Boston (or not having them at all)

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Safe storage in Boston (or not having them at all)

Postby JeffGV » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:47 pm

Well, what i propose is to have a "safe" inventory in Boston, for a fee. And not because i like it...people shouldn't have any way of safe storing things. But as things stand now, there are already two ways to have a "safe storage".
1)Alts
2)Stall - you just have not to set a price or to set an extremely high one - and since it is inherited and the stalls are in limited number, it is a form of storage also limited to the first people who got it, as long as they pay the weekly rent.

So, even if the developers find a way to settle the first problem, there's the second one anyway. So what i propose is having a form of safe storage cheaper than the stalls (so that people won't have to use the stalls as storage, thus permitting other people to use them as intended).
It may be an inventory with a small rent and a fee everytime you use it, for example. Maybe it could start small but could be extendable, something like 25s per slot, so that it starts as a 4*4 inventory and you can extend it to an 8*8 inventory.

Or they could find a way not to have safe storages and to avoid having people use the stalls as a form of storage. And it would be even better...
JeffGV

Re: Safe storage in Boston (or not having them at all)

Postby pohl » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:03 pm

JeffGV wrote:Well, what i propose is to have a "safe" inventory in Boston, for a fee. And not because i like it...people shouldn't have any way of safe storing things. But as things stand now, there are already two ways to have a "safe storage".
1)Alts
2)Stall - you just have not to set a price or to set an extremely high one - and since it is inherited and the stalls are in limited number, it is a form of storage also limited to the first people who got it, as long as they pay the weekly rent.

So, even if the developers find a way to settle the first problem, there's the second one anyway. So what i propose is having a form of safe storage cheaper than the stalls (so that people won't have to use the stalls as storage, thus permitting other people to use them as intended).
It may be an inventory with a small rent and a fee everytime you use it, for example. Maybe it could start small but could be extendable, something like 25s per slot, so that it starts as a 4*4 inventory and you can extend it to an 8*8 inventory.

Or they could find a way not to have safe storages and to avoid having people use the stalls as a form of storage. And it would be even better...

Pretty sure stalls can't be inherited(atm), as posted in this thread. IMO the only thing we should be able to store "safely" are silver coins, in the bank, so we don't have to keep silver/bank alts.
pohl

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:04 pm

pohl wrote:
JeffGV wrote:Well, what i propose is to have a "safe" inventory in Boston, for a fee. And not because i like it...people shouldn't have any way of safe storing things. But as things stand now, there are already two ways to have a "safe storage".
1)Alts

Pretty sure stalls can't be inherited(atm), as posted in this thread. IMO the only thing we should be able to store "safely" are silver coins, in the bank, so we don't have to keep silver/bank alts.

Look at loftar's last post in that thread :)
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Droj » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Just give us the option to rent safe deposit boxes at the bank in Boston.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:51 pm

I support it because it gives an in game mechanic to replace alt vaulting, which we all know will happen otherwise. And it adds yet another much needed silver drain to the economy.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Droj » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Droj wrote:Just give us the option to rent safe deposit boxes at the bank in Boston.

Something like if you forget to pay rent (however that will work) your items are frozen until you pay a storage fee, something multiplied by the number of days of overdue rent. :roll:
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:46 am

Droj wrote:
Droj wrote:Just give us the option to rent safe deposit boxes at the bank in Boston.

Something like if you forget to pay rent (however that will work) your items are frozen until you pay a storage fee, something multiplied by the number of days of overdue rent. :roll:

Nah... just have to pay the past due rent first. If it goes more than 45 days (just pulling a number out of my hat), the items are lost.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:14 pm

Sold!
I would pay $2 per month - per slot, where I could either place a coin purse, a keyring or any other single item in that slot.
Let me rent up to 3 slots. Give me a 10% discount if I pre-pay for 12 months. Cash only, no silver.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Slim
Customer

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Slim wrote:

Sold!
I would pay $2 per month - per slot, where I could either place a coin purse, a keyring or any other single item in that slot.
Let me rent up to 3 slots. Give me a 10% discount if I pre-pay for 12 months. Cash only, no silver.

I was going to say $X for a fixed size, but what you propose is just as good if there is a limited number of slots available (but not sure that would be all that special as it'd just be another encouragement for alt accounts).

Why cash only?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:25 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Slim wrote:

Sold!

I was going to say $X for a fixed size, but what you propose is just as good if there is a limited number of slots available (but not sure that would be all that special as it'd just be another encouragement for alt accounts).

Why cash only?

To generate recurring income for the game (like a $6/mo sub) without giving players a 'pay to win' advantage.

Pay for the convenience of not having to mess with a keymaster and coin alts.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Slim
Customer

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations