Stall Mechanics

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Stall Mechanics

Postby Onionfighter » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:14 am

Ok, I should say that I don't actually own a stall, and probably won't be able to for a while anyway. My impression is that stalls act like H&H stalls where there is only one owner.

My suggestions:
  • Give stalls a permission system, similar to claims.
  • Give the option to have village owned stalls, with permissions that can be managed in the village menu. (perhaps have stall cost deducted from village upkeep?)
  • Let characters inherit stalls.
  • Let characters give away stalls.
  • Make stalls buildable outside of Boston

Please correct me if any of these options are already available.
Onionfighter

Re: Stall Mechanics

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Stall inheritance is intended, loftar has stated as much and is working on it now that a stall owner has deaded.

I'm not sure I want to see stalls being given away though. Silver inflation is a terrible thing and we need good sinks to prevent it.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Flameturtle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:10 pm

Sevenless wrote:we need good sinks to prevent it.

But we have server crashes! Why would we need moar silver sinks?

In all seriousnesss, you're right. Once the server's stable and released I can see inflation being a problem. Expanding the player stalls market and adding more as time goes on would be a great way to help stave off inflation, and give a great, safe trading platform that Haven never really had.
Flameturtle

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Flameturtle wrote:
Sevenless wrote:we need good sinks to prevent it.

But we have server crashes! Why would we need moar silver sinks?

In all seriousnesss, you're right. Once the server's stable and released I can see inflation being a problem. Expanding the player stalls market and adding more as time goes on would be a great way to help stave off inflation, and give a great, safe trading platform that Haven never really had.

Silver sinks are making their way into the game, one by one. The goal is to have silver get out of the game about as fast as it gets into it. :)
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Droj » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Well the Stalls ans Town Charters are good examples.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Return to Ideas & Innovations